Menu

OT - sick of my mams negativity

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedjul05 Posts: 5673
My mam would be a negative person anyway, always moans and find the bad points in everything. My twin sis lives in Germany and recently got engaged. She booked flights for my mam to go over wed-mon, it was the only chance before Christmas. My mam was moaning to me about the speed of which she booked the flights last week to me, I was having none of it and basically told her so! My mam got back yesterday and I was talking to her. My sis was bringing my mam to see her wedding dress and take a pic as she put her deposit down and they wouldn't let her take a pic until she was getting the dress for sure. They also went to collect my sis's custom made sapphire/diamond engagement ring!! I would have given my left arm to go too :o( Well all my mam did was moan about the trip. I am really disgusted with her. She said the days were long and busy. Didn't even mention my sis's wedding dress. Said she picked up a 'dose' and didn't feel well. She always picks up a dose when she is away, bloody attention seeking if you ask me. She hates when someone else gets attention. I would have gladly swapped with her to do all those things with my sis. What else would my mam be doing here? making dinners for me da? HOnest to god. I was really annoyed with her on the phone last night. And then she says about my sis 'ah well of course she was excited' as if she was giving out about her!! Of course she was excited, she was getting her engagment ring and showing off her chosen wedding dress O:| My mam is minding DS today for us. I asked her several times if she was up to it and she said yes all the time. I'm sick of her childish games. In the adult world, yes is yes and no is no. If she didn't want to mind him, just say no. I'm sick of her. Can the woman NEVER be happy for anyone O:| O:|
lastminutebride Posts: 785
Nothing useful to say, just sending you a hug! No one in the world can push your buttons quite like family...
alton Posts: 3077
that would drive me insane too!
Ivy F Posts: 2023
WedJul, I don't know what to say, except that your sister is lucky to at least have one family member who is genuinely excited for her - pity you couldn't have been there! Perhaps your Mum at least managed to feign positivity to her face - have you spoken to your sis since, to see how it went?
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Wed she sounds just like my mam. It drives me bonkers, now if she starts moaning I just tune out or tell her to cop on ;o( It really drives me insane. So I feel your pain ((((((HUG)))))
Blackbird Posts: 5135
Headwrecking alright. Know someone like this too (although not my mother!) and I just don't ask about events or the like because you know you will only get a negative response. What's the point in being like that all the time.
John Walsh Guitar
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
Are you my SIL your mother sounds the VERY VERY same as my MIL - attention seeking mare!! (((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
Delish Posts: 4176
Wedjul I hear your pain! Can i join the rant!!! My mother moans and moans about all things business related (family business) I try my best to help her, she agrees oh yeah we should do that..........but then she never does it, she is the boss so she ultimately needs to make the call. Anyway I try and try and try, type letters for her etc, then she doesn't post them, give her advice on how to deal with certain issues, (she asks for the advice, listens, says it's great ) and then never puts it into action... grrrrrrrr. I bookede a training course for her and another person, she moaned and moaned and moaned about the expense and having to go (as if I was forcing her - th feccing business would close down if they don't do it!) then she eventually went and complained about it to me. But to everyone else Oh it was great. IO organsie business related stuff, she moans about having to attend and then when we get compliments about it, she takes all the compliments for herself. Oh she drives me bloody insane. We are using my laptop and printer, I'm working in an 'office' full of all sorts or rubbish and business stuff. I ask her has she done x y or z, given reminder letters to x, y or z she lies and says yes. Then I find out No she hasn't done anything. Driving me bonkers.
byebye Posts: 599
My mum is exactly the same, she evevn moans about how we raise our LO!! O:| >:o( So, I totally understand how you feel.. :xox :xox