Menu

OT\:ttcing and didnt knowi shouldnt be taking these

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kala Posts: 1937
since my misc last week i thought id start building my body back up again so i went to the chemist and they gave me pharmaton along with clonfolic folic acid- i just happen to read on the back of the box that i shouldnt be taking these i you are pregnant or likely to become pregnant due to the vitamin A in them. now im having a panic attack and thinking what if- what if i do get pregnant in the coming weeks or months will i misc again/cause birth defects etc- oh whoever said this baby making process was easy. ive only taaken 11 of them and im so hoping it wont cause another misc if i do get pregnant sorry for the rant but im absolutely perified of going through another misc along the heartache/guilt as to what i did wrong/the longing for another baby
Salander Posts: 1639
stop taking the pharmaton and ask about floradix instead its a tonic that i'm nearly sure you can take while pg. in the first few weeks of pg the cells are dividing etc so no blood flowing to bean so very unlikely anything you take will affect bean. i read this in my pg book. now take a deep breath you suffered a loss but its not i repeat not your fault!! i think in someways if we blame ourselves it makes us feel like we have some contol but the awful truth is these things are out of our hands. now be nice to yourself and best of luck with the ttcing. :babydust: :babydust:
oopsy Posts: 15
stop taking them,.. take pregnacare and the folic acid. that should be enough. along with eating healthly..
poster Posts: 311
Hi there, don't worry. Stop taking the pharmaton and try the pregnacare brand or ask your pharmacist to recommend something for you thats safe to take. Babies are hardy little things. I was taking medication when I was pregnant on my second child. Didn't realise I was pregnant. I was on holidays, drinking rings around myself, I was even injured in work and took pain medications. My little pudding is the best child ever, born strong and healthy. The quantity of Vitamin A you've taken in 11 days is probably not even near levels that could cause any damage. Stop stressing girl, stress is no good for your body as much as the vitamin A is not recommended!!
sunshine. Posts: 1387
kala try not to worry hun and at this stage if you are ttc and are not pregnant there really is no need to worry..... you know i would tell you to worry if needs. be..... like salander said the cells are selfdividing..... i took the pregnacare when i was pregnant and found them great....i got the conception ones the other day but since read they shoud be taken 3 months before trying to concieve so im gonna bring them back and exchange them....... :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: i know how you feel hun but dont blame yourself.... i went off caffeine, drink , kept good diet 4 weeks before i got prgnant and it still happened hun so sometimes there is no answer :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :action32 :action32 :action32 :action32 :action32