Ouchy... Huge cold sore

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Plus1makes4 Posts: 721
Need your tried and tested remedies pleeeease! It started last night and I have been using compeed patches from first tingle but it's so big and sore now. Agony, I applied ice to it while watching tv now but it's throbbing, any suggestions! I'm 11 weeks pg and heard you can't use Zorvirac (sp?!?)
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
I used Cymex when I was pregnant, I checked with my doctor first and he said its fine to use. Cold sores are just horrible, I get them really bad on my top lip that my whole lip right upto the underneath of my nose swell, I look like I've been punched in the face!! Anyway sorry for the ramble, hope it goes soon for you.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
I got a few cold sores when I was pregnant, and was told by my doctor that I could use Zovirax sparely
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
I suffer badly from them too and usually take lysine to keep them at bay which wasn't recommended during pregnancy so by chance I used Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and then a layer of vaseline on top and just kept topping up so that it didn't dry out at all and it was gone in about 2/3 days. Nothing I've ever taken has gotten rid of one that quickly before.