Outside Christmas lights - Yeah or nay?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Scubachick Posts: 68
DH and I are having an ongoing "heated discussion" which I hope ye can help us with. I want to put a single string of white fairy lights outside the house. He wont let me saying its tacky and a fire hazard. What do ye think? We will go with the majority vote here and it will set a precedent for the rest of our lives :lol:
Mrs MC05 Posts: 50
. . white lights are just fab, class. I couldn't be doin' with them colourdy jobs though . . . Go for it Scubchick
Mrs Moo Posts: 440
Clear or white lights all the way. I hate hate hate hate coloured tack with a passion
Mrs Peg Bundy Posts: 2515
Bleedin heck!! Our house is a DEATH TRAP so!!! We've white icicle lights on the roof plus a coloured rope light. There's another one around the railings. There's a Santy/chimeny on the shed and a santa and sleigh on the back of the shed facing the main road. There's floral lights in the garden and a fibre optic Christmas tree. And there's signs and stuff in all the windows. :lol:
Just read the couple of posts on the coloured lights...... :cry: :cry: Ah, fek it..........TACK RULES!!!! 8)
Had to post it again. We've changed the icicle lights this year for a set that has replaceable bulbs. They're much brighter. The kids think it's brilliant. That's why we do it....I think. :) [img:g50ovvht]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/Bittybiddy/Misc265.jpg[/img:g50ovvht]
nic Posts: 18
Decouverte I think your lights look great. but then i love everything tacky h2b says i am like a magpie anything that glitters i want it.
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
I love looking at them. But there is one house in the village where I live that has gone way over the top. Decouverte you have nothing on this crowd, lol. They have a santa and sleigh on the roof. Reindeers, a nativity scene, snow white and the seven dwarves, they have the santa and reindeers that are blown up. There are icicle lights hanging everywhere and dancing Santa's in all the windows. I always wanted to put up some outside our house but hadn't anyone to go up the ladder for me and I'm not that adventurous when it comes to ladders! We bought a great pack in Argos last year, a string of fairy lights, clear, a string of icicle lights a rope light for round the door and a dancing santa that sings. Made my day looking at them everytime I came up the road. Mini Sparkly loved them altogether. We bought a load of little houses in the sales this January and I can't wait to set up my little village in the living room window this year. Have the snow bought and everything just looking for a mini train to add to it.
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
i love seeing houses all lit up! wanted to put white lights around the Hydrangea (sp?) bush at teh front door but can't because a) can't figure out how the wires get into the house to keep them lit (bit of a blonde me) and b) brats (i'm being polite) from estate behind us would probably nick them!!! i have lights all round that hall windows though.
Maysin Posts: 77
Decouverte, that is fantastic. It's great to see people making the effort and making it feel like Christmas for the rest of us! :D Fair play to ye missus!