Over 1,000 jobs to go at SR Technics

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cathy34 Posts: 1068
SR Technics has told its union representatives that it is to cease operations in Dublin with the proposed redundancy of 1,135 staff. That's not good - more competition for my hubby out there soon :o(
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
everything has just gone mad, I just cant believe all these jobs...just gone!!
I actually had to laugh this morning at one of the union reps just before the meeting - not a bother in the world - worried - why would he be worried - now he is I am sure >:o(
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Sorry to hear that...don't know what the world is coming to at all. H2B read a joke the other day. It went something like; 3 doctors sitting around a table. Indian doctor - we took a kidney out of a man and gave it to someone else and they were back at work within 6 months American doctor - we took a lung out of one man and put it in to another and he was working within 4 months. Irish Doctor - well we took one a**hole out and put another one in to government and the whole country is out of work. :o0
good one :o0
Helps to brighten up the grey doom and gloom. :o0 :o0
paws2paws Posts: 737
My god thats terrible sad >:o( we were told today that there is no work paddys week or easter week we must take these weeks of without pay. and we are on great money just shows you nobody safe >:o(
Sorry to hear that paws to paws. It is affecting everyone in one way or another.
paws2paws Posts: 737
Yeah rainbowbright scary really is. god if i lost my job i would not know what else to do i would have to re educate my self again. It's mad. Great job here handy managentment are great all sound. just have to wait and see >:o(
just to show you how quick it can go - hubby was asked for an interview last week for a supervisor position and this week not only is this position not available anymore but he also won't get paid for 1 full month :o(