Over-protective DH ;)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CestMoi Posts: 2162
Anyone else getting "you can't do that..." from DH now that your pregnant? First week I found out I was going walking with my mum and got, well you can't go. Why not? Well take it easy then and don't go too far! Then it was swimming, well you can't go now that your up the duff!!! I told him walking and swimming we're recommended and the best form of exercise. More recently I can't have baths, not that I have them that often, but your NOT meant to!!! And the other day it was that he was going to buy me a whole nut bar of chocolate, but he has decided that I can't eat nuts. Never mind that they are hazelnuts and not the dreaded peanuts. Or that no-one in our families has a history of nut allergies. :hic I've to go to bed early and get our baby some rest too! :o0 The funny part is that he thinks he is right in every bit of 'advise' he gives and I'm not to disobey him. Had a good vent at MIL last night about him >:o) Anyone else have their DH turn into pregnancy experts on them? God love them! Please tell me I'm not alone :o0
tilsun Posts: 4506
Mine was like this and I handled it with a combination of lying and milking it :o0 So he did all the housework, cleaning bath etc and I told him I had asked doc and a bath was fine. Had a fabulous pregnancy and it is only now dawning on me that I will have to go back to doing things for myself now :o(
Relaxedbridetobe Posts: 201
ha ha, men, they could drive you nuts! Mine is the same, I'm gagging for a beer, now I mean one bottle of beer (not a pint!), I'm not going to get drunk, I even asked the consultant in front of hubby was it ok, and doctor said it was fine! No problem! Will my hubby let me have that golden beer? No way!!! you got to love them! they think their doing whats right I suppose! :lvs
BB1 Posts: 752
I wish, dont think my DH reaslises im 7 months pregnant at all. I was trying to reach something that had fallen under the couch last night and said to him I cant get it, you'll have to (as my bump was in the way), he said sure just grab that broom there and you'll be able to do it, WTF O:| . Think Ive a bit of a caveman to be honest :o0 .enjoy it while it lasts c'est moi, its very sweet that he's so concerned about you
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
When we had the really bad snow DH barely let me out of the house. I could only go if it was a very short journey. He was afraid the car would skid our something. I tried the whole "well if it's too dangerous for me to travel with you in the car then is it not too dangerous for you to be even driving" but he said it didn't matter if he got hurt as he wasn't pregnant. I've been really sick with hyperemesis and then a kidney infection. DH wouldn't let me lift a finger (not that I could anyway TBH) however even now that I am well he still barely lets me do anything :o0 :o0 :o0
Yeah I lie a lot, and I do milk it as much as I can. I felt like stuffing my face with nuts after that comment. Anything you can't have you want more. We had a total disagreement on the baths thing, I googled it then and told him it was just no HOT baths, ie 100 farenheit (38 celsius) and I always have luke warm baths if any. No it still wasn't to be done. I don't know why I bothered because its a rare occasion that I'd get in it anyway. I was saying that they get into it while they are in labour to help with the pain. And why did they think they had birthing pools either??? But it was just a waste of breath! Not a drop of alcohol was to pass my lips either, I wouldn't have minded one glass of wine or a spritzer and mentioned SIL did this, but she isn't carrying HIS baby so he doesn't care! And I'm not talking about every day or every week. Just one off occasions. BTW this is a light-hearted thread, I just wanted to moan a bit. I feel like killing him especially as he has become an expert on everything. But I know he just wants the best for the little one.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
DH doesn't mind if I have the odd glass of wine however (he'll kill me if anyone we know recognises me) he will no longer DTD now that I have the smallest little bump. He's totally freaked out by the idea. I've told him that's it perfectly ok but he just won't. I hope it doesn't last :-8 :-8 :-8
Moodles Posts: 547
I was having a glass of wine the other night at a family dinner and DH says across the table "Well if we can't add we'll all know who's fault it is" :o0 But in general he's being very good.
[quote="BB1":mb8lc6c1]I wish, dont think my DH reaslises im 7 months pregnant at all. I was trying to reach something that had fallen under the couch last night and said to him I cant get it, you'll have to (as my bump was in the way), he said sure just grab that broom there and you'll be able to do it, WTF O:| . Think Ive a bit of a caveman to be honest :o0 .enjoy it while it lasts c'est moi, its very sweet that he's so concerned about you[/quote:mb8lc6c1] Oh that's bad, I suppose I shouldn't be complaining. If mine did that I'd kick him up the arse. He's good for letting me milk it a bit. He even asked me once was I milking it even a little and he laughed 'cos he knew I was! :-8 I told him about 50 times the other day my back was sore :xxx Suppose he puts up with a lot of crap from me, so I shouldn't have started this topic now come to think of it!
BB1 Posts: 752
Im sure my DH would drive me demented if he was the opposite, theres just no pleasing us pregnant ladies :o0 :o0 you should get into the bath now with a glass of vino to wind him up :o0