Overdue and fed up

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

decmum Posts: 239
heh girls, I'm going off my rocker here as i'm overdue. I don't know whether it's christmas or what but i'm finding it very hard to cope with being overdue. :o( I get the "it's nature's way" etc but to be honest that riles me. Tried the pineapple, rasberry tea etc but all to no avail. I think it's hard to keep up the spirits physcologically. DH went back to work yesterday to keep leave for the other end and i feel such a failure. :o( Hormones are hanging out of the rafters too. As a semi p patient i also feel there is very little by ways of services once you're overdue. I had no appointment to see anybody until i went off the head at some young one yesterday (the 5th dept i was transferred too). I don't know my options according to hospital procedure re: induction and am afraid is this where private fees etc step in. I am in being sent from the Coombe to the Naas clinic to my GP and feel no one has responsibility over my care. My overall fear is that the baby is ok over cooking??? I know i could present myself to the hospital if all went to all but the last time i was sent to perinatal with high blood press and protein up they shooed me out the door and the doc told me not to let them send me in again. O:| Anyone else who was/is overdue please validate my fears as a first timer or i really will go off my head. :o(
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Ah decmum, when were you due (ticker says not for a few days yet?) ? Honestly though, you're not alone - the majority of first time mums are overdue. Please don't worry about babs - (s)he will be fine in there, and I know it sounds cliched, but (s)he will make an appearance when ready. Baby is not likely to be 'overgrowing' or 'overdeveloping' in there. Generally, hospitals let you go 14 days overdue and at that stage will induce (this is the case whether you're public, private or semi-p....well down this end of the country anyway). Were you at least given a date for your next appointment? I know with DD when I was just over 39 weeks I had an appt and was given a day for my next appt which was to be at 41 weeks, so at least I knew where I stood. If they haven't given you an appt, I would get on to them to arrange one. Once you're overdue they should be able to check you out and see if anything is moving along. Some docs will do a sweep to try to get things started. If all else fails and no-one will see you, go to the hospital and tell them you think you're in labour, and make up something about contractions or waters breaking - at least they'll see you that way and you can talk to someone about when you'll be induced, etc. Hope your little one arrives for you soon *)
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Hi Decmum, I am still here, a week overdue now. I had an appointment today @ 41wks. I think you should ring you're doctor you should have a check up at 41wks. If you feel baby not moving as much contact hospital and they will do a trace i had one arranged for last week as i just wanted to make sure all was ok. The hospital are there for you, never be afraid or put off to contact them. I truly understand how you are feelilng, going overdue can be quite stressful. Feel free to PM me anytime. I would defo ring doctor to arrange an appointment and get things moving. How far overdue are you now?? Please don't be worrying yourself you don't need this upset. :xxx
Heh JB and Taz Thanks for keepin me sane!!! My ticker is screwed up a bit but i'm 4 days over. I had no app for 41 weeks but got one for tomo morning. It was the nothingness of it that was killing me! I also had a sweep last week. I guess with no show, cramps or Bran. Hicks i know i'm no where near labour. Sorry for the rant but with no info i was feelin low. Should know more tomo. Not v good at asking questions so typed out a list for consultant tomo, everyting from am i open (tmi) to induction procedures. I really must talk up :-8 Cheers babes and Taz here's to both of us going tonight!!!! :o0
justwaitin Posts: 2462
just want to add i know what your going through, iwas due the 23rd dec and ds didnt arrive till 7th jan , thats 15 days i almost lost my mind having to go in out to the hospital over the holidays last year, midwife said to me after delivery that ds would have been happy enough to stay another few days . bug hug to you poor ladies who are over due , hope all goes well to over the next few weeks. *)
summer daisy Posts: 1336
[quote="justwaitin":201fdn7e]just want to add i know what your going through, iwas due the 23rd dec and ds didnt arrive till 7th jan , thats 15 days i almost lost my mind having to go in out to the hospital over the holidays last year, midwife said to me after delivery that ds would have been happy enough to stay another few days . bug hug to you poor ladies who are over due , hope all goes well to over the next few weeks. *)[/quote:201fdn7e] I too know how you feel.. this time last year I was 5 days off my due date (was due on the 25th of Dec) and like justwaitin it was early Jan before babs arrived. I had to be induced.. if I hadn't she could still be in there!!
Off to hospital now, yikes! wish me luck :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Best of luck - who knows you might be 9.5cm dilated and not even have realised it :o0 :o0 Let us know how you get on
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
OMG Best of luck Decmum. Hope all goes well for you. How exciting :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
breeze Posts: 1175
Good Luck fingers crossed for you :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll