Ovulation question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGal Posts: 151
Hi Ladies, Just a quick one, I had ovulation pains last week - do you ovulate before, during or after that? My OV pains usually last a few days. Thanks
glade Posts: 278
Always wanted to know that myself, becuase mine always last about 4-5 days. I would say that you ov near the end of them- the pains are your ovaries getting ready to release an egg. But to be honest, i wouldn't really go by the pains, you would still need to use temps and OPK to guaratee catching the most fertile day. HTH :wv
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Sorry to hijack the post, but is the best time to do the deed actually on the day you ovulate or the day before?
glade Posts: 278
Tiglett, you shold DTD the day before OV, the of OV and the day after, just incase you were a day ahead of yourself. So 3 days in a row- NICE ONE!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
DublinGal Posts: 151
Thanks glade, I haven't been using OPKs yet, will start next month if af arrives though >:o( usually just keep an eye out for CM. DTD loads over the last week & half so hopefully it was enough.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Tigletts you read different things in different books but, as a rule, you should do the deed in the days before, during, and just after ovulation. What I went by before (and got a BFP the first month) was to DTD on days 11 to 16 with day 14 being my expected date of ovulation. Yes that's a lot of rumpy bumpy for good measure but that's not a bad thing! :o)ll According to the "sperm meets egg plan", you should DTD the first day you get a positive result with your ovulation stick plus the two days after. Then skip one day and have one final try the day after that. What are the rest of you doing?