Oxegen 2009

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovelybones Posts: 884
I'm kinda half thinking about going to Oxegen this year... never been but the line up this year looks good. I :lvs Snow Patrol & Kings of Leon :lvs Don't think i could do the camping but maybe get day ticket, how do you know which bands are playing what days???
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
Ive never been to oxegen, went to slane and never again!! Im not able for it!!
early days Posts: 691
Great line up alright but only if I could go back to a 5* hotel, which of course would have to be a 5min walk away :o0 My cousin actually asked my aunt to ask me if we would change our wedding date as it clashes with Oxegen :o0
downesy Posts: 254
Sweeties, LOL at that. My sister (21yo) went to Oxegen last year and said never again, worst experience ever; wet, dirty, smelly. Definitely not something she was into at all so if you're anyway not into grim I'd give it a miss.
shoppergal Posts: 1179
Would love to go cos there's some great bands but I wouldn't camp. Did it 4 years ago and it was a horrible experience(have done Electric Picnic a few years and that's way better camping). Wouldn't mind going and staying in a hotel nearby. Word of warning to those who go but don't camp, don't dress too nicely. Apparently last year those who were camping were throwing mud at people with day tickets to stop them looking so fresh in comparison to the campers :ooh
sonopotere Posts: 1124
I was just thinkin about this. i went to wittness the year before it became oxygen, had the best laugh ever. This year they are offering that you can bring your campervan, thought that was good. Its the weekend of my hen.was even thinkin of organising oxygen as my hen! Not sure yet though. as I can see, its not everyones cup of tea! :o0
lovelybones Posts: 884
Oh lads i had to laugh at ye :o0 I'm like ye, not into the camping and would love a hotel about a 5 min walk from the concert :-8 I was thinking i would be a bit old for it anyway O:| Thanks ladies :thnk
Mrssullivan2be Posts: 4
Maybe you could rent a campervan, if you had a few going it was probably work out cheap enough and much better than camping. i see lady Gaga is also on this year
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
I was there last year and we had a ball one of the best weekends ever, if you want to camp dont stay in the main campsite, we walked through 2 campsites and came to one that was barely empty, didnt have a problem all weekend with either the loo's or showers and just got p1ssed :hic :hic . on the Sunday the weather was amazing got burned and everything, defo worth the experience.
ItsMrsBurkenow Posts: 665
Hi Here's the line up..... Friday 10th July Blur, Snow Patrol, The Script, Keane, Lily Allen, James, Pendulum, Ladyhawke, Fight Like Apes, Swedish House Mafia, Crookers. NEW additions: Eagles of Death Metal, Dreadzone, God is an Astronaut, Tom Middleton, Aeroplane Saturday 11th July Kings of Leon, Bloc Party, Elbow, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, TV on the Radio, Pete Doherty, The Mars Volta, The Game, Squeeze, Hockey, Tiga, Digitalism. NEW additions: Pet Shop Boys, Doves, The Saturdays, Gary Go Sunday 12th July The Killers, Razorlight, The Specials, Lady Gaga, The Ting Tings, Katy Perry, Manic Street Preachers, Paolo Nutini, Florence and the Machine White Lies, Jason Mraz, Foals, Friendly Fires, of Montreal, Miss Kittin and The Hacker (Live). NEW additions: Nine Inch Nails, Jane�s Addiction, Glasvegas, Hudson Mohawke