Oxfam Bridal Total Disappointment!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

twinklebride Posts: 30
O:o)
wah Posts: 1414
Congrats on getting your dress, post up a pic if you can, i'm about to embark on looking around, i have loads of time but gonna start soon as i have just had a gander in a few local laces but nothing serious yet I suppose Oxfam is a bit of pot luck!
Professor Posts: 75
Are you actually serious? Oxfam is a CHARITY shop. It is not there to make profit but to raise money to end the injustice of poverty, I think all the people who work there are VOLUNTEERS. I am gobsmacked.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Professor":2n2f19ru]Are you actually serious? Oxfam is a CHARITY shop. It is not there to make profit but to raise money to end the injustice of poverty, I think all the people who work there are VOLUNTEERS. I am gobsmacked.[/quote:2n2f19ru] Have to say I agree.
twinklebride Posts: 30
WHY??? I already said that I realised it was a 'charity' shop in my post. That doesn't mean that just because they are volunteers that they have to act like they don't care. I do knoe what Oxfam stand for , I'm not stupid! I was intending to PAY for a dress, not steal it!
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
Are you for real??? I'm sorry but what were you expecting from a charity shop that as the other poster said is run by volunteers - champagne??? Get a life. Seriously - venting about a charity shop... what is this place coming to at all
Shinney Posts: 266
Probably going to get slayed for this BUT wouldnt comment on the decor of the place it being charity but even if you are working their for nothing you should at least try to look slightly intrested. It would kill someone to have a chat, ask a few questions, help out etc. Its not about the surrounding its the service you get that makes the difference.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
WHY?? Because as Mrs Blues said you are venting about a CHARITY shop. I cant remember your exact words but you said it was small, dark and dull or words to that effect. They are a CHARITY shop, they dont put their money into their appearence they give their money to worthy causes.
sugarpop Posts: 28
I was in the oxfam shop and had a kind of similar experince, exept i did not mind-i certainly wasnt nearly crying about it anyway. my mother volunteered in charity shops in the past and did it for free. i wouldnt think that she would ever have been ott with the compliment for customers, she was simply doing her bit for a charity. also, i have been to lots of other bridal shops-clean and dirty(have you seen the vera wang samples-some of theose are filthy!), at the end of the day, if you find your dress, it will look great on you no matter what your surroundings or reactions from staff. am glad you found your dress, congrats.
trance Posts: 3129
Ah come on, just cos it's a charity shop doesn't mean the assistants can't be a bit pleasant/polite/well mannered for goodness sakes and it doesn't mean they can't make a bit of an effort, what's the point having stock if they don't wanna sell it? Keeping the place clean and bright costs NOTHING!!