Pack your bags!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PrincessLea Posts: 436
Girls, Have you packed your bags? I hadn't, kept thinking, ah it'll be another few weeks yet, I'll do it at the weekend etc... Did I regret that or what! After my ante natal class on Tuesday I decided to ask the midwife about some crampy pains and a couple of tiny red bleeds I'd had in the last few days, and she in turn sent me down to see the doctor... And, in the end they kept me for 2 nights!!! Turned out to be nothing serious, but they've very much "better safte than sorry". And to get to the point, how I wish I'd had my bag packed! Had to ring a totally freaked out DH who despite me reassuring him it was nothing serious was convinced I was going into labour. No wonder I ended up with no knickers for the duration. And an old toothbrush that I'm sure has been used to clean things. And where did he find the flip flops, the state of them and I'd never seen them before?!! :duh: Anyway, i'm off to do some packing :wv
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Glad to hear that there was nothing wrong, you never know, I've mine packed only since lastweek, and I've a little list of stuff I still need to add to them, better get the finger out
Pomerol Posts: 95
PrincessLea, I am wetting myself here at your post :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 My DH would be the exact same. Can only imagine what he'd end up bringing in... Will defo get my act in gear this week and get the bags packed..
Idina Posts: 1289
I was in hospital last year (non pregnancy related but an emergency) Had to ring DH to get clothes brought in. He brought in tracksuit bottoms and a going out top! :o0 Lucky I had a jacket to cover my shame :-8
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
My MIL told me at 25 weeks to pack an emergency hospital, just for me, just in case. She was a midwife and said after 25 weeks it so common to have to stay overnight in hospital, usually due to high blood pressure that's it's better to have it packed than worried in hospital what DH would bring in. The way she put it was could i trust my DH to pack a bag for me and straight away i realised I end up with some old nightie or pjs that I haven't even seen in ages or a tracksuit as he probably wouldn't know the different. He'd bring a towel that was either something i used to dry the floor or the best one in the house. I wouldn't even imagine what I'd get it I asked him to bring in cleanser, moisturiser or any other toiletteries! I asked my DH what he'd do and he said he'd give me sister his credit card and she could just buy what she thought I might need!!!!! My bag was packed that weekend. i still have to finish my actual delivery hospital bags ( a few things still to buy) but I know I have enough of everything packed to survive if I went in in the morning.
crazylady10 Posts: 539
oh god girls i must be a total freak, ive mine packed 2 weeks! :-8 I dunno how ye could leave it past the 30 weeks, :eek id be going mad! DH would be very good at getting my stuff together i think, but still wouldnt like to chance it!!!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Millie- Posts: 490
[quote="Idina":2yicg5na]I was in hospital last year (non pregnancy related but an emergency) Had to ring DH to get clothes brought in. He brought in tracksuit bottoms and a going out top! :o0 Lucky I had a jacket to cover my shame :-8[/quote:2yicg5na] Love it this post has made me laugh a lot!!! i can't even begin to imagine what my dh would bring in - one thing i know for sure is that it would be something totally ridiculous! right am going to pack my bag tonight though
Handymammy Posts: 1086
girls, I am wetting myself here in work reading this thread. Thanks for cheering me up- all bosses in my work are in bad moods today so everybody walking on egg shells!!! As ye can see I am a bit away yet, but will start thinking about packing my bag from about 28 weeks on after reading this thread
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Oh girls what a funny thread re DH's!!! Will def. pack my bag at around the 28 week mark!
popple Posts: 1368
:yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: ha ha tracksuit pants and a going out top!! I love it. hee hee . Have no idea what my poor ole DH would bring me in either. I think I'll pack a bag so or at least a stick a big "don;t even think about it"post it on things that he shouldn't bring in!! :o0 :o0