Menu

Pain at top of left thigh

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Just wondering has anyone else experienced this? On and off for past few weeks getting shooting type pains at top of left thigh if I sit down in one position too long or in certain chairs. Was at doctor recently and it wasn't at me and hasn't been for while so never thought of saying it. But after doctor was in car for while and then went shopping and by time I got home was in pain. Somewhat eased off. had 2 hour meeting in work tonight so v sore now. It's a hard pain to describe but from dr google a lot of sites seem to pint towards sciatica pain.
jenny07 Posts: 345
I had this but it would shoot down my thigh as far as my knee at times. Turned out to be linked to PGP and after a trip to the physio i was completely fixed thankfully. It had gotten so bad I almost couldn't walk
Thanks. Am in agony today :o( Pain has spread to my lower back and I have very limited movement. Don't know whether I should keep moving to see if it loosens up or rest. Might see if a physio can do anything. Do I need to go to a specific pregnancy one or can any physio do it do you know?
streaks Posts: 3592
I was at the doc with this yesterday. Have been signed off work for a week and advised to contact hospital for physio appointment. It was even affecting me while using the clutch in the car and being on my feet all day in work wasn't helping either. Need to contact MC now for physio apt and hopefully they can help.
Just in from physio. Said pain most likely due to pelvic issues. Am in a lot of acute pain and physio hopes that'll die down in next few days. In bed now with hot water bottle on my back. Moving is agony.
Did you go to a local physio or one at the hospital? I rang the hospital to book in but they only have apts from 9-3.30 and I really don't want to miss any more work than I have to if possible.
My gp recommended one they knew did pregnancy physio. Just paid for it myself. Couldn't have driven to mount Carmel with the pain I was in. Really hope pain eases soon. Can barely move.
It's extra at hospital also, €70 for first visit and €55 thereafter. Do you mind me asking who did your gp recommend? I'd prefer to go somewhere local and my gp just said to do it through the hospital he didnt recommend a local pregnancy physio :(
Naas physiotherapy. http://www.m.naasphysiotherapy.ie/condi ... -page.html Paid €45 for treatment today. Then they gave me support band for pelvis which def helped. That was €38. Going back Tuesday and hopefully she'll be able to do more work on back if pain has eased. My gp faxed a letter to them saying they were happy for me to get physio and that all was ok with pregnancy etc.