pain in groin area

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingham Posts: 3014
hey, I am ten weeks tomorrow and today have pain in my groin area...it is like muscle pain...I have been getting shooting pains there over the last few weeks on and off and they usually last a second and go, its usually when ive been sitting down and i get up to quickly. I had a scan at the weekend and all is good and also mentioned it to my gp and she said its stretching pains. just wondering if anyone else is getting them at this stage?the whole area just feels abit tender...
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
There was about a few weeks where I got a lot of shooting pains, when I turned in bed to turn off the light, or getting in and out of the car ... as far as I know, they were called "round ligament pain" and were caused by the uterus stretching out. Perfectly normal according the the bible (pregnancy book!) If you get anything like spotting/bleeding through, go to your hospital or GP straight away.
Aurge Posts: 1456
Hi :wv :wv I got these. Wasnt a bit worried about them. They only lasted about 2 - 3 weeks anyway so dont worry, it will pass. :wv :wv
Gingham Posts: 3014
thanks girls for the replies and reassurance...my doctor wasn't abit worried, told me to expect all sorts so I need to relax and just go with the flow.... thanks again
bgirl Posts: 26
I get them every few weeks, i seem to get bigger when i get them,
delirious Posts: 287
I too got pains every few weeks too- they say one gets these pains as the baby is getting bigger!
Aurge Posts: 1456
No way :ooh Brilliant. I cant wait to get them again :o)ll
aylala Posts: 3673
i get these too if i stand up too quick or sneeze lol its weird only kind of sign i have so far
Lillia Posts: 43
Hi Aylala, God yes - I get them when I sneeze too! That's how I guessed I was pregnant, although they didn't kick in until month 6 ish with DS1. I've never heard anyone else comment on this.. Great, I am not alone! X