Pain in my

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aylala Posts: 3673
face with house hunting O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| and EA O:| O:| O:| O:| and vendors not accepting offers over the asking price O:| O:| O:| O:| Buyers market my ass :o(
Pearly Whites Posts: 707
Painful eh? went through all that $hite a couple of years ago and we ended buying new. People can pi$$ about alright and its not fair. Sorry no real advise here but the best of luck :-8
Thanks Claire, I cant cope for much longer O:|
Popette Posts: 278
Oh i feel your pain Aylala !!!!!! don't know how long you are house hunting, but we were in a daily bidding war for over a month O:| It paid off in the end, we got the house we wanted, but at 13k over the asking price, at the top end of our budget This might not make you feel better right now, but i'm a firm believer in "Whats for you wont pass you" *)
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
It is a buyers' market but a lot of sellers are still in denial and determined to get x% "over what no. 22 down the road went for when our place is so much nicer since it is decorated to our taste..." The number of houses for sale is building up and eventually sellers will have to either see sense or resign themselves to not moving. I have a theory that there are a lot of timewasters with houses for sale just now who are not serious sellers and not really in any hurry to move because they know that falling prices are to their advantage if upgrading. I don't know your situation, but if you can only bide your time for another couple of months you will be in a better position. They always say that the best time to buy is in winter (only genuine sellers want to show their home around Christmas) and the best time to sell is in Spring/Autumn, when it is easier for people to move. Also, as time goes by people will be more aware of falling prices. I had my Mam on the phone last night talking about how her late Aunt's home has finally just been sold for a fraction of what they had hoped to get. Stories like that will go around the grapevine and help greedy people wake up to themselves. It really winds me up the way people who bought their home for £5,000 a few years back feel so bloody entitled to get €500,000 for it now. Don't they realise that that money + interest has to come out of our future earnings?? O:|
Cheers for that Avril I totally agree with your points especially on people seeing sense and realising the market just isnt what it used to be - get ovr it and sell me your house :o0
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
It is only a matter of time before you fall in love with a place where they do really want to sell :o)ll Watch out for auctioneers fabricating bids, they say that happens a lot in a buyers market. I was at a wedding in England recently where people at our table were talking about the last time there was a house price slump there, seems a lot of people wanted more for their house than it was worth and wound up "chasing the market down", as market prices dropped they kept dropping their asking price but not fast enough. :wv
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
Fingers crossed for ya that you find somewhere soon :wv
Thanks I'll keep you posted
Sarahaha Posts: 22
If you are getting messed around, put a deadline on your offer, a week or so. if it doesn't work out it was not mean't to be. Besides a recession is on the way, construction is down, and the current credit thing will effect jobs in IFSC. So house prices are going down.