pain in pelvis - should I get checked out???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedjul05 Posts: 5673
I lifted sth heavy-ish in work last Thursday and I've had a pain in my pelvis on the LHS since. I got a bit worried as I wasn't feeling much movement but the babs was kicking away since sat evening/night, sun, today, like strong kicks. So I figured it was ok. But now I'm wondering if I should just get checeked out anyway? It hurts a bit when i walk or bend down to put on socks or shoes. Should I go to gee GP or ring hosp?? Don't know. thanks :wv
sunnyside Posts: 3164
If you're worried then ring your GP. No point stressing if they can advise you. I had a bad pain in my side for a couple of days last week - sort of like a muscle pain but deeper inside. It must have been the baby moving to a completely new position as all my kicks are on the opposite side since then. Might just be babies position- i find walking more helps keep things supple.
Babybop. Posts: 592
Hi if your worried get it checked. I t sounds like the same thing im suffering from and hospital confirmed it was the baby putting pressure on my pelvis as shes getting bigger and also said it will get worse. Like you i find it difficult to walk and have decided to stick to flip flops for the next 5 weeks as trying to put socks on is a nightmare and really painful.
wedjul05 Posts: 5673
thanks for the replies ladies. not sure if I am far enough along babybop for it to be the babs putting pressure? I could be wrong though. I defo think I strained something, just want to make sure babs is ok. Rang GP, he has a walk-in clinic on wed morning so I will go to that. Work 12 hrs shift so can't go today/tomorrow.