Pain in the bum (literally)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Ok, this is pretty embarrassing :-8 For the last two days I've had a dull pain/tenderness around the coccyx (tailbone thingy) and in my bum. My pubic bone was a bit tender also. The doc said it's just the pressure of the baby pushing down on things. Of course I am imagining it's the start of SPD and that I'll be on crutches in no time! But I've also noticed that I sometimes get a little dart of pain in my ass and then I pass wind :-8 :-8 :-8 So do you think this is a digestive problem/constipation/trapped wind or the baby squashing my bowels? Anyone have anything like this?
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Sorry not much help, havent experienced it myself just wanted to wish you well! Take Care Lucy
pattie Posts: 2379
I woke up crippled the other morning, couldn't stand up straight and it was just gas :-8 . Don't know about the pain in your tailbone though, maybe the 2 could be unrelated? Could be the gas is causing some pain and the pressure of the baby is causing the pain in your cocyx? Sorry, I'm not much help.
Magicwand Posts: 85
Hello Sphynx Pain I've started to get lately is the dart in the ass (always the right cheek !!) - Just off and on for a second and not all the time but it is like a cramp ! Haven't noticed if I pass wind or not afterwards though. I spoke to a friend of mine last week and she did say that when she was pregnant that she used to get pain in her coccyx - she noticed it more from just sitting down. I would think that it is pressure from baby. I am really beginning to feel extra pains etc now and really noticing the extra weight of baby too. Babs is kicking soo much at moment that I think it is building an extension and so all our organs / bit are being pushed out even further. If it continues mention to Doc again and ask them to check out further. Take care
Thanks girls - I suppose it would make sense that the baby is getting bigger and putting pressure on my pelvis, including the bowels - that would explain all the various pains/discomfort/mini-tornados in the region. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if there are any developments!
Rocky Posts: 465
Hi Spyhnx, i'm feeling the same as you at the moment - a dull pain that feels like it is in the inside of my bum and on the bone too. Also have back pain for the past few days and i too find its worse sitting down. in my job i'm sitting alot so that could explain it. also feel i've got a lot bigger again this week so its probably the baby growing id say
Thanks Rocky! :thnk Reassuring to hear someone at the same stage experiencing something similar. I spend far too much time on my ass too! good excuse to take more tea breaks!
Rocky Posts: 465
True, true - will have to bring it up with my manager i think :o0
twinssep Posts: 1242
i had this too its call sciattica (sp) and its like a nerve the baba is lying on hth hun get dh to give it a good rub!!!