Painful BH at 23 weeks - should I be worried?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
Hi all I am 23 weeks pregnant and I have been getting some really painful Braxton Hicks over the last couple of days, not just tightening of the bump but also across my back. They are not regular, but they really are taking my breath away and making it very difficult to work at the moment. I never had anything like this on DD so I don't know if it is normal... Any advice would be appreciated as I am desperately trying to stay away from Google.....
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Yeah I've been having them a good while now, I never had them on my first baby but ,boy, they can take the breath of you at times. They say if you get more than 4 or 5 in an hour you should just get checked.
pag Posts: 633
Hey Monkeysocks, i've been feeling bh since about 20 weeks (23wks now too) and they have been getting worse too - definitely stronger and wider (if that makes sense - I feel them more). GP Midwife said just to keep an eye on them and if notice any regularity to give emergency dept of hospital a ring. She wasn't worried at all about them said it was v normal.