Menu

Pains in Vagina, is this a form of SPD?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

proud mamaof1 Posts: 825
Hi ladies Just a quick one, Will be 36 weeks on Thursday and for the last 10 days or so, every day since before the weekend, I am getting very intense pains in the nether regions. They take my breath away and last for a few seconds to minutes. I can only describe it as a feeling of electricity being poked in for a few minutes to shock me. Not very pleasent. Went to bed last nigth and had to call DH to move me as I got stuck trying to move to my side. Laughing made it even worse. Never had the likes on DD1. Could this be a form of SPD, should I mention to Hospital when in on Wed or is it just part and parcel of the last few weeks. Finding it hard to walk now, drive and feel like a weight is in between in my legs (like as if the baby will fall out at times). Still working and wrecked. Getting a lot of leg spams too and my legs are paining me since the weekend, like as if I have run a marathon or walked without stretching. Have taken 2 paracetamol activefast this morning but it is very sore at times.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Sounds exactly like what I have and it is related to SPD. I have been to physio for it and she gave me a few exercises for it and recommended sleeping with pillow between your legs. Other than that there isn't a whole lot to be done but rest. I find if I overdo it the SPD is much worse and I am in agony especially at night. Here is the exercises they gave me, maybe give them a go. Before you get out of bed in the morning; 10 reps of pelvic floor exercise 10 reps of tightening your lower stomach (she likened it to sucking in your tummy and hugging the baby) Then sit up on the side of the bed with feet flat, put your fist between your knees and squeeze 10 times. Hope you feel better soon
LittleLily Posts: 3682
Lightning crotch, my worst enemy. It's pressure from the baby being low. I've gotten it for a few weeks now. Baby is just sitting down really low. I usually get 2 or 3 days at a go where it's particularly bad then baby moves and its more bearable. I find walking longer distances is a problem but it goes away if I just sit down. Don't think there's much you can do about it. It's a good sign as far as I can gather but very normal.
hyperrational Posts: 697
As LittleLily said, lightening crotch. I'm nearly 25 weeks and have had this for about three weeks and it's due to the way the baby lies, feels like I'm literally being kicked in the nether regions!
babyforus Posts: 1619
Aye. I have it too the last few weeks. I don't have the lightening feeling its more like a constant ache. Awful trying to turn in bed at night and I feel it when I am driving.
proud mamaof1 Posts: 825
Ladies, Thank you for replying. At least I am nearly there and all that I listed is common. Have my hospital appt tomorrow and will mention it to them as well. Due to finish work next week but will see if I can finish earlier. My commute is about 1/2 hr and can be a bit uncomfortable. My legs are giving me grief too and finding it a challenge to drive. Best of luck to you all
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
I'm getting this as well for the last week or two, 37 weeks on Sunday. Bah! Didn't know about the exercises though, will try them!