Pains in wrists

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
Every morning when I wake up i have a pain in my left wrist. It only lasts about 10 - 15 mins and is gone for the rest of the day. I remember watching portland babies one day and a lady complained of waking up with sore wrists every morning..... and I cant remember what came of it.....She was very heavily pregnant.. I'm only gone 16 weeks. And its always my left wrist aswell.. I'm just afraid its a sign of some deficiency or something like that.
mama2E Posts: 670
hi jeidi sorry to hear your in pain. Could you have carpel Tunnel syndrome? I have it. I have these glove things that I wear while sleep. Do you have any discomfort/ pain in your fingers. My pains start at my wrists and then shot up my fingers. Most of the time it feels like I'm wearing boxing gloves (IYKWIM). Your GP can also give you an injection to relieve the discomfort! Hope you get some relief soon!
Yes! Maybe thats what they mentioned on Portland babies! Its not major major pain, and its only on the outside of my left wrist (where the knuckle is or whatever its called!) and it goes after 10 mins. Its just really weird that it happens every single morning. Will say it to the doc at my next visit.
totalnovice Posts: 787
Could it be the way that you sleep if you get every morning when you wake?
[quote="totalnovice":27cdnxtl]Could it be the way that you sleep if you get every morning when you wake?[/quote:27cdnxtl] I thought that but I move around a lot and what are the chances I would get it every morning?
mama2E Posts: 670
jeidi sounds like mild carpel tunnel! The reason I have to sleep with the splint things on is that its worse in the mornings and after driving. Its something to do with when our hands go limp it causes the pain and obviously our hands are most relaxed/limp when we're a sleep. So makes sense your discomfort is most noticeable in the morning. I first notice my pain around 20weeks and got gradually worse. If you notice it getting worse I'd say its the CTS. Its not mental pain more discomfort and annoying! Take care of you.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
My friend got CTS when she was pregnant ended up being signed off work as she couldnt use the computer. It went after she had the baby.
whackywoman Posts: 1496
Hi Jeidi I got sometime similar tothis in both hands and wrists but it was later on in my pregnancy. A tip I found was if you raise your hands above your head and shake them out a few times it gets the blood flowing to that area and also give them a gentle massage to give pain relief. I used to shake everytime I went to the toilet so as you can imagine when you are pregnant there was a lot of shaking going on >:o) >:o) Mine is now gone and it did disappear fairly soon after having DD but not sure how long after