Palpatations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shocked22 Posts: 511
Anybody having heart palpatations or flutterings?? I seem to get a few in bed at night and don't know if it's something I should be worried about. Had my BP checked and it was perfect!!
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
yeah I get it a few time throughout the day my doctor said it may be from my asthma adn I've to keep an eye on it, my bp is fine too
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I've been getting this on and off as well - always takes me by surpirse. Didn't know what it was really, I was a smoker before my BFP so maybe that has something to do with it. Can it just be pregnancy related?
Mmm....thanks Bubblez. I don't have asthma or anything like that so I'll just mention it to my doc next week. I'm not worried but it is a very weird sensation....I get a bit of 'relief' if I take a few deep breaths!
Lady Di, I never had it before...well very ocassionally. So I am putting it down to the pregnancy. I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one to be honest!
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Yeah I find them really weird - almost a bit frightening!
I just asked my nana on the phone there, she's had 6 kids so she knows a thing or two... anyway she said that she was told it was the extra blood pumping around her body but she's not sure what stage in pregnancy she was at when they told her that...
That makes sense really. It can be a bit frightening when it just suddenly happens. I'm only 12 weeks...would have thought that was very early. But I suppose my body is going through the most changes at the moment.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
yeah I get it too, I heard a long time ago it's pregnancy related but keep forgetting to ask my dr. My BP is fine also
I'm only jsut going 6 weeks now so very surprised but will ask when I go for my scan and make sure