palpitations during pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Just wondering if anyone else is suffering from these? I had them Saturday, Sunday and yesterday. Each time they weren't very strong and only lasted a few minutes and didn't happen again the same day. I don't know if I can put them down to a normal pregnancy thing or could also be due to me been exhausted (not sleeping well) or should I get them checked out?
MrsClucky Posts: 440
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Thanks bluebaby. I just got abit of scare at weekend as I never had palpitations before (have had any since). I have other underline heart problems so was worried it was something to do with that but now I think it was simply due to exhaustion so i took Tuesday off work and just slept and have been feeling fine since. Thanks again.
DrWhosPoopy Posts: 654
I ended up in hospital with these on Wednesday, I went to my GP about them that morn, told her that they'd been getting worse since i got pregnant, as i've had them before pregnancy on and off for a few years. Anyway they'd been getting worse for the past 2/3 weeks, along with dizziness, shortness of breath etc so to be on the safe side she sent me to hospital for a medical assesment. After 8 hours of waiting to be seen I had blood tests, blood pressure, an ECG and told just to go home, that they'd book me in as an outpatient in the next few weeks for more tests but at the moment they couldn't see anything wrong, and it could just be increased blood flow, stress, dehydration, caffiene etc. (Although I don't drink tea/coffee/drinks with caffiene in them, and drink at least 2L of water a day) It was a very frustrating day. If you're worried just mention it at your next visit to GP or consultant, but it's very common in pregnancy apparently.