panic/anxiety attacks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boobies Posts: 1625
Girl, over the past few weeks ive been feeling funny..... its hard to explain. Its like a funny feeling all over my body like my nerves are at me or something. Has anyone experienced this? Its like I can feel the blood flowing throw my veins in my arms and chest mostly. I find myself getting agitated and taking deep breathes... I really hope Im making sense here and ye dont think Ive totally lost the plot..... Im not worried per say about the labour or having baby just want to know if anyone else can relate to this... thanks :thnk
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Can't really help hun, but during pregnancy your blood volume increases dramatically apparently, as well as blood flow to the baby, so perhaps you're just sensitive to these changes. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but why don't you mention to your doc? :wv
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi boobies I suffered from panic attacks last year (wasn't pg at time) went to doc to get checked and he wanted to put me on tablets which I refused, like you I didn't think I was particularlly worried about anything other than the norm. Anyway I read in a magazine about a natural remedy its called Bach Rescure Remedy Spray and anytime I felt one coming on I just gave my self a little squirt and done some breathing excerise which I also read about in magazine and it worked. I'm not sure the rescue remedy if suitable while pg and like sleep monster said it could be just to do with increased blood volume Hope you feel better soon
boobies Posts: 1625
thanks for your replies girls. Have docs appointment this week and will mention it to her. I googled resue remedy and found that its safe to use while pregnant so might give that a go.. :thnk
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi I suffered from panic attacks some time ago but pretty much have them under control but yesterday I was the same as you, short of breath, fidgety (sp) and dizzy etc I was feeling particularily awful yesterday and had a diet coke and a coffee straight after to try and give me some energy to get me through the day and I think thats what may have caused it so it might be something you took i.e caffene that brought it on?
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="Dovedro":3apgsky5]Hi I suffered from panic attacks some time ago but pretty much have them under control but yesterday I was the same as you, short of breath, fidgety (sp) and dizzy etc I was feeling particularily awful yesterday and had a diet coke and a coffee straight after to try and give me some energy to get me through the day and I think thats what may have caused it so it might be something you took i.e caffene that brought it on?[/quote:3apgsky5] I used to get them all the time, but since i stopped smoking they are all but gone. Since i got pg i can sometimes feel them starting but i can usually get myself calm fairly quickly. I think sometimes i panic cos althought im so happy to be pregnant i sort of feel things are out of my control now and all this stuff is going to happen and there is nothing i can do about it. Rescue Remedy is also available in little sweets in Boots, i got some for my driving test next week.
Yeah I agree about not being in control of your body. I totally don't feel like myself at the moment at all. Never thought I'd feel this weird and awful so I suppose that can contribute to panic attacks Looking forward to feeling normal again instead of just wishing for the end of each day as soon as it starts! Ah the joys :o0
Meant to wish you good luck in the driving test NotLongToGo Best of luck with it!
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="Dovedro":10780bvw]Yeah I agree about not being in control of your body. I totally don't feel like myself at the moment at all. Never thought I'd feel this weird and awful so I suppose that can contribute to panic attacks Looking forward to feeling normal again instead of just wishing for the end of each day as soon as it starts! Ah the joys :o0[/quote:10780bvw] I knw how you feel, i havent felt "normal" since a week after i found out i was pg. I always imagined being pregnant that id be glowing and full of life, like a bloody ad for pregnancy, instead im just wishing the days away until i stop feeling sick. Thanks for the good luck, at least its in the morning cos thats when i feel best, keep the fingers crossed for me. I was hoping id be further gone so he might take pity on me!!
I don't think I ever really heard from anyone how awful you actually feel, or maybe I just didn't pay any attention. Mind you it's prob for the best otherwise we'd never put ourselves through it :o0 Maybe drop a subtle hint to your instructer about having a little bout of morning sickness that morning, you never know he might be easier on you!