Paracetamol?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsJenni04 Posts: 422
Morning girls Don't know whether this has been asked before, but I had this stinking headache for the last couple of days and it won't go, is it safe to take paracetamol? mrsjenni04
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Yes, you can, in moderation. But don't take aspirin or high-strength paracetomol. Just get some regular stuff and you could try initally taking just one instead of the usual two. Hope you're better soon!
MrsJenni04 Posts: 422
Cheers Sphynx, The last couple of weeks I've been feeling really bad and then this headache came along, I just wanted to make sure it was safe to take something. Thanks again. :wv
graceface Posts: 3632
just wanted to add that if the headache is continuous you really should consult a doctor or at least a pharmacist about it. tis alright to get a headache for a little while every now and again, but if its been there for days then id see someone about it. also id say stick to the plain paracetamol rather than any "plus" medicines, like sphynx said, as they usually contain codeine, including solpadeine, and nurofen plus - if your headache is going on and on youll need to be taking pills continuously, and codeine is highly addictive, its only really meant to be taken in once-off kinda situations. if youre not asthmatic then ibuprofen could also be good :wv hope you feel better soon
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Ive been getting headaches to and I take paracetamol,I would get 1 a week anyway but I put it down to being tired
graceface Posts: 3632
plain paracetamol is fine for that, i normally get them when im tired or dehydrated too :o( theyre yucky
round two Posts: 1018
Jenni, Up your intake of water as well. I find I get stinking headaches if I have not drank enough.... more than I usually would.
ros Posts: 749
Are you drinking enough water? Because your metabolism speeds up and the volume of blood in your body increases by up to 25% in pregnancy, you need more fluids so get the water into ya! You are allowed 2 x 500mg paracetamol 3 times a day. I was advised by my doctor and midwife. However this should be just a short term solution. If you have a persisting headache I would see the doc if you have tried all of the above.