Menu

parent & baby groups in Swords

Go to Mums & Kids

LFC28
New Wolly

parent & baby groups in Swords

Postby LFC28 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi,

I am a ftm and was wondering if anyone knows of any parent & baby groups in the Swords or surrounding areas?

Thanks

ReginaFalange
Wittiest Wolly & Most Honest Wolly 2011

Re: parent & baby groups in Swords

Postby ReginaFalange » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:28 am

Hi there

I'd be interested in this too!!

LFC28
New Wolly

Postby LFC28 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Hey,

not much happening in Swords!
do u live in Swords, how old is ur lo?

mommy bear
Mini Wolly

Postby mommy bear » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Hiya,

There used to be one in St Colmcilles GAA on a Tuesday morning but it's gone now. Try the Health Centre/PHN they might have more details. I think there is one that all the mammies take turns to have it in their house. There's a group Fridays in the Malahide Rugby Club on the Estuary, not too far from Swords https://www.facebook.com/KidsAloudDublin

HTH
Image Image

Gingham
Empress Wolly

Postby Gingham » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:29 pm

There is a real lack of parent and toddler groups in swords... There is one in the kinsealy parish hall on Monday mornings I think but its quite a small prefab so not sure if you can just arrive...i think it was a group that was run in peoples houses but they moved to the parish hall for more space...

I was hoping to try the humpty dumpty group that is run by cuidiu in colmcilles on tuesday mornings so am dissappointed to hear it is gone..
Ds1 2009
Ds2 2011

Aokki
New Wolly

Postby Aokki » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi there

The cuidui parent and toddler group now meets in the Scout Hall on a Tuesday its located just across from the Fire Station, however next Tuesday 26th is the last week until September, the coffee morning in St Finians is on a Thursday but again this is finishing up for the summer next week

Aileen Duffy Makeup
Calm sea
Mini Wolly

Postby Calm sea » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 pm

I live in Swords and have a LO that loves other LO and the interaction. I was also disappointed when I contacted health centres and PHN to see if there was any parent and toddler groups to find that there was none??

You would imagine with Swords been such a busy Village and one of the fastest growing suburbs in the country that we lack this support group and sence of interaction in our community.

Maybe I should get up and approach some Gaa hall/parish centre and see could I start one?? Is there much interest in Swords for one do you think??

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

fildy
New Wolly

Postby fildy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi was just searching this topic and was wondering if anyone knows of a mammy and baby group in swords or nearby? I'm a first time mum and need to get out of the house with my six week old and would love to meet up with other mums in my area :)

Bluebear
Wolly Addict

Postby Bluebear » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Congrats on your new arrival! There's not a whole lot in Swords considering the recent baby boom. Cuidiu run a group every Tuesday morning at 10am in the Scouts Den on Balheary Road. There's also a Little Pips Parent & Toddler Group in Applewood Community Centre Thursday mornings from 10-12. I hope to check it out in the next few weeks. When your little one is 6 months plus there's Gymboree in Airside- bit pricy but lots of fun! I try to get out as much as possible, not always easy with a new baby & toddler but if you fancy meeting for a coffee in Pavillions or a walk just shout!

lindylou79
New Wolly

Postby lindylou79 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:13 am

Hi! I am also a first time mother to a 7 week old girl. I'm living in swords if you are interested in meeting up

Next

Go to Mums & Kids