Parenting Blog

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Flower Girl Posts: 1645
I'm all about the parenting blogs these days... Just wanted to recommend this one I discovered recently, which has a lot of well-researched info on all the contentious issues of the day. She has a nice writing style and bags of common sense, by the sound of it. And there's some funny stuff: [url:3hwgqyau]http://gulliblenewparent.blogspot.ie/2010/12/dear-god-i-recently-purchased-new-baby.html[/url:3hwgqyau]
lovelycuppatea Posts: 481
Ooh thanks for that Flower Girl. Sounds good!
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
And she's not American. Just had a quick gawk. I quite like that refreshing Aussie no-nonsense tone. Sort of a cross between Pippa and Alf Stewart.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Love this one. Also love Mormon mommy blogs. They make me feel I should be currently styling a pinterest board for my toddler's birthday.
Which Mormon blogs do you follow, ACS? I confess to being a regular reader of Love Taza (painfully superficial but the kids are just adorable), Nat The Fat Rat (used to be great but has gone downhill rapidly in the last while), NieNie Dialogues (appalling yet fascinating) and C. Jane (hit and miss but often quite good writing - a 'liberal Mormon').
All of the above-did we hit on the same Salon.com article on them? LoveTaza is like a shiny magazine shoot, I go there for the pictures and the totally unrealistic portrayal of life in Manhattan with two small children. NieNie's grammar and syntax does my head in - but some of the typos are hilarious, as are her staged family events, all professionally photographed. I read on getoffmyinternets that Natalie's sister has left her husband of oooooh three months (from the religion that doesn't thin gay people should get married). CJane, I can take or leave. I also dip in and out of themormonchildbride and acupofjo.
Ha, you read GOMI as well?! Great stuff (though it can get a bit nasty even for me at times). I'm not surprised at all about Nat's sister - didn't they break up temporarily just before the wedding?
Gomi got me through long nights of bf. I love the fashion bloggers who get shredded too.
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
These people sound disturbed, but potentially inspirational. I've decided to set up my own blog, purely for therapeutic purposes. It's that or WOL will start charging me advertising space. But I wish to remain anonymous so I'll get back to you incognito. However the f*ck I'll do that. You can contribute guest posts.
Disturbed, but potentially inspirational is what I'll call my blog.