Paris surprise!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

munchie Posts: 492
We had decided not to take any holidays between now and the Big Day (next year) so as to save as much as possible. My birthdays 18th Sept and my gorgous fiance has just surprised me with a weekend in Paris! I love him to bits.....
Kazza08 Posts: 219
oh you lucky thing that's fantastic, love Paris have been a few times, it's one of my favourite places in the world! Have a ball it'll be amazing! :o)ll
shala Posts: 1733
I'm jealous >:o( Have a great time :o)ll
Ficidy Posts: 1753
Aww munchie that's brilliant!! I'm so jealous... Would love to be going to Paris, it's where we got engaged. You'll have a fab time. Do you know where you're staying?
munchie Posts: 492
Were staying at Au Pacific Hotel, its 10 mins from the Eiffel Tower so we cant get lost! Any tips or recommendations for us?
jen09 Posts: 1390
Oh that is a fab suprise. I'd love to go to Paris, keep telling h2b I'd love Paris in the winter & in the same breath wonder what I'll do for my 30th next year (which happens to fall bang in the middle of winter :o0 )
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
What a great surprise!! Hope you have a great time!
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
That is a lovely suprise, he is such a sweetie. I hope you both have an amazing time. *)
Ficidy Posts: 1753
Ooh lovely. We stayed near the Eiffel Tower too and the area we were in actually wasn't that touristy. There were some lovely restaurants where the locals ate so that was nice. The Eiffel Tower is lovely at night... We had some walks around the Champ de Mars after dark and took some cool photos. We went up the tower in the morning though as we wanted to see Paris by day, but you can go up when it's dark too if you want. If you're planning on going to any of the museums I'd say to get there early in the morning as the queues are crazy. I like the Musee d'Orsay, but if you've never been to Paris you might want to see the Louvre as well. While we were there we saw a bride and her bridesmaids getting their photo taken before heading off to get married which was kinda cool since we got engaged in Paris - it was a sign!! :o0 The boat trip on the Seine is nice, but be sure to wrap up if it's not a warm day as it can get quite chilly - I was huddled in to H2B like an aul wan :o0 The Latin Quarter is supposed to be quite cool with loads of nice cafes for people watching, but we didn't make it there... Next time! Whatever you do, just enjoy the romanticism of the place. Paris is great. It really is a beautiful city. Make the most of it and have a great time :wv