Parking in Newry

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babylove08 Posts: 254
Hi Planning to go up to Newry this week and have heard they are charging for parking up in the shopping centres these days - anyone any advice where to park im planning on spending the day up there so dont want to pay a fortune!! Thanks
Diamondz Posts: 2208
There is a car park over the bridge (when you pass the two shopping centres) that might be cheaper, although I have never parked there so not too sure. You can also park at Dunnes Stores beside canal court hotel.. it's about 40p an hour... take a left turn at traffic lights after shopping centres (canal will then be on your right) and drive past Buttercrane.. take second left and this will bring you in to where Tk Maxx, Dunnes, Argos etc are... It's £1 per hour to park at the quays and you get 2 hours free if you spend £10 at Sainsbury's (they give you a ticket to scan at the pay machine).. Only alternative is to park on the street somewhere and walk...
barbar Posts: 305
Im no real help as to where actually to park - but wanted to pick up on the two points below to ensure you dont get fined [quote="Diamondz":3323hmg4] You can also park at Dunnes Stores beside canal court hotel.. it's about 40p an hour... take a left turn at traffic lights after shopping centres (canal will then be on your right) and drive past Buttercrane.. take second left and this will bring you in to where Tk Maxx, Dunnes, Argos etc are... [/quote:3323hmg4] The free car park at the back of Dunnes is heavily patrolled and there is a max stay here for 2 hours and then no return for 2 hours after. At the front of Dunnes you pay and display to park and again very heavily patrolled. [quote="Diamondz":3323hmg4]Only alternative is to park on the street somewhere and walk...[/quote:3323hmg4] Nearly all streets in Newry are now pay and display and again there is a max stay of 2 hours I think, and again really heavily patrolled.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
[quote="Cathygettingmarried":2p73evkj]Im no real help as to where actually to park - but wanted to pick up on the two points below to ensure you dont get fined [quote="Diamondz":2p73evkj] You can also park at Dunnes Stores beside canal court hotel.. it's about 40p an hour... take a left turn at traffic lights after shopping centres (canal will then be on your right) and drive past Buttercrane.. take second left and this will bring you in to where Tk Maxx, Dunnes, Argos etc are... [/quote:2p73evkj][/quote:2p73evkj] The free car park at the back of Dunnes is heavily patrolled and there is a max stay here for 2 hours and then no return for 2 hours after. At the front of Dunnes you pay and display to park and again very heavily patrolled. I don't know where the free car park is, but I was referring to the pay and display at the front of Dunnes... This is not restricted to 2 hours as I parked there at the weekend for 4 hours and got a ticket for that period... ETA: There is a free car park at the back of the buttercrane, but very rarely any space in it...
FoundHome Posts: 1753
From my last visit to Buttercrane about one month ago, the little free carpark (down by Primark) was a building site so I had to use the multi-storey instead. It wasn't very expensive though