Parking/traffic restrictions

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsAH Posts: 3715
I'm trying to figure out how to get to work tomorrow. I work off Thomas Street, near the Storehouse. I have private parking, but I'm not sure if I can drive up Thomas St? Garda helpline doesn't open until 10am tomorrow, which isn't very helpful at all.
maltabride2011 Posts: 987
Just googled it MrsAH, don't know if this helps? I know the feeling, I work out the N7 and they're closing half that area down and restricting the M50 as well, it's going to be madness! Normally takes me 25 mins to get to work and will definitely take an hour with all the diversions!
MrsAH Posts: 3715
I saw that thanks. From what I can gather from it, you can't park on the actual street. But I'm wondering if can drive up the street to my private space. That's awful for you. There will be chaos!
maltabride2011 Posts: 987
What a pain for you as well though, wouldn't you think they'd release all that information! It's from tomorrow after all! Madness! Yeah I'm dreading the trip tomo morning, just hoping it won't be as bad as we're thinking! Fingers crossed!
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I think that it is madness the way a lot of the streets are being closed off for "her".
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Oh girls im in such a panic! I never drive into town and tomorrow i have to take two trips out of my comfort zone! Trip one from Donabate to Dundrum/clonskegh and second one Donabate to grand canal theatre. Will there be much traffic? I cant find my liecence either, will there be check points? Will i be able to park ? Oh mother of god im stressing! :o0
[quote="wannabfp":ubywfiac]Oh girls im in such a panic! I never drive into town and tomorrow i have to take two trips out of my comfort zone! Trip one from Donabate to Dundrum/clonskegh and second one Donabate to grand canal theatre. Will there be much traffic? I cant find my liecence either, will there be check points? Will i be able to park ? Oh mother of god im stressing! :o0[/quote:ubywfiac] I'm so sorry but I laughed really hard at this! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
[quote="wannabfp":ekb9ljm7]Oh girls im in such a panic! I never drive into town and tomorrow i have to take two trips out of my comfort zone! Trip one from Donabate to Dundrum/clonskegh and second one Donabate to grand canal theatre. Will there be much traffic? I cant find my liecence either, will there be check points? Will i be able to park ? Oh mother of god im stressing! :o0[/quote:ekb9ljm7] you should take the M50 to Dundrum/clonskeagh and then go fairview and over the new bridge (sorry can't think of the name) leads you right to the grand canal Theatre. HTH
gottabfp Posts: 5641
[quote="FlexyDee":1ovgo2vr][quote="wannabfp":1ovgo2vr]Oh girls im in such a panic! I never drive into town and tomorrow i have to take two trips out of my comfort zone! Trip one from Donabate to Dundrum/clonskegh and second one Donabate to grand canal theatre. Will there be much traffic? I cant find my liecence either, will there be check points? Will i be able to park ? Oh mother of god im stressing! :o0[/quote:1ovgo2vr] I'm so sorry but I laughed really hard at this! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:1ovgo2vr] :o0 :o0 :o0 glad i made you laugh, the only good to come out of the situation :yelrotflmaosmilie:
[quote="wannabfp":2snuvkcq][quote="FlexyDee":2snuvkcq][quote="wannabfp":2snuvkcq]Oh girls im in such a panic! I never drive into town and tomorrow i have to take two trips out of my comfort zone! Trip one from Donabate to Dundrum/clonskegh and second one Donabate to grand canal theatre. Will there be much traffic? I cant find my liecence either, will there be check points? Will i be able to park ? Oh mother of god im stressing! :o0[/quote:2snuvkcq] I'm so sorry but I laughed really hard at this! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:2snuvkcq] :o0 :o0 :o0 glad i made you laugh, the only good to come out of the situation :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:2snuvkcq] Well at least something good came out of it so!