Party of 24 - Entertainment??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SpringChicken Posts: 666
Hi guys - I'm looking for suggestions please. I'm organising a birthday gathering for a friends birthday. It's not a "milestone" birthday, but she's recently after recovering from a serious illness and we want to celebrate. I've booked a private room in a hotel for a meal for 24 - all in our early thirties, except for the birthday girls parents. We have the room for the night. What can we do after the meal that will keep the group together? Karaoke is all I can come up with - don't think that would go down well with everyone though. Any ideas???
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
Cocktail lessons & tasting session ??
How well does everyone know each other ? If well enough ask everyone to bring a small gift (novelty optional) nominal value €10 etc and have a lucky dip or do "pass the parcel" It works very well with a group especially if some very humourous gifts.
Great idea! Never thought of anything like that. A few cocktails might encourage the karaoke too! Thanks. O-O
Have a ball. I'm sure no matter what you do, your friend will have the most amazing night.
[quote="BlossomHill":39r0692y]How well does everyone know each other ? If well enough ask everyone to bring a small gift (novelty optional) nominal value €10 etc and have a lucky dip or do "pass the parcel" It works very well with a group especially if some very humourous gifts.[/quote:39r0692y] Some of us would never have met at all and some would be very friendly. Presents could work - her folks are quiet restrained though so we'd have to keep it tame!
Keep presents tame then but could be a good ice breakers, getting everyone talking & relaxed........leading onto cocktails & Karaoke Sounds like a great night
[quote="BlossomHill":11yjn57m]Keep presents tame then but could be a good ice breakers, getting everyone talking & relaxed........leading onto cocktails & Karaoke Sounds like a great night[/quote:11yjn57m] That is a plan I think! Thanks for the ideas girls - great help.