Passport Photos

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
Is it possible to ever get a nice passport photo taken? Got some taken earlier, and I hope I don't look anything like that in real life. My face is completely round, and my hair looks horrendeous :o(
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I loved my photo I got when I was 18/19. I was delighted to have it for 10 years - dare I say even a bit smug :o0 . I was gutted when I had to have it renewed. The new photo is horrendous. It captured me at my worst. Thankfully we don't fly often so I don't have to face the shame of it.
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
My second provisional licence I had a lovely photo, if I do say so myself! not much use as only had it for a year till I got my full licence. I always try to find one of those machines that lets you take the photo a few times and then you can choose which one. Passport photo at the minute isnt great and im stuck with it for another 5 years
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Mine is up for renewal next year, thank God. I look like a junkie in it. I was strongly considering changing it for the honeymoon its that bad.
Steph2 Posts: 1044
My passport photo is horendous. Had it done in a hurry so not a screed of make up, you could have fried an egg on my hair so I had it scraped back into a miserable ponytail and I had a big coldsore. I look like a homeless person in it :o0 It expires in 2013 - thank goodness!!!!
[quote="ShutterBug":3s13mbpj]My second provisional licence I had a lovely photo, if I do say so myself! not much use as only had it for a year till I got my full licence. I always try to find one of those machines that lets you take the photo a few times and then you can choose which one. Passport photo at the minute isnt great and im stuck with it for another 5 years[/quote:3s13mbpj] Oh I must look for one of those machines. I don't think I can use the photos I got done. They are beyond bad. Couldn't be looking at it for years
[quote="Steph2":1p1ljdjn]My passport photo is horendous. Had it done in a hurry so not a screed of make up, you could have fried an egg on my hair so I had it scraped back into a miserable ponytail and I had a big coldsore. I look like a homeless person in it :o0 It expires in 2013 - thank goodness!!!![/quote:1p1ljdjn] Oh no, a coldsore. You're making me feel a bit better about my pic now :o0 :o0
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
I had a fabulous passport photo on my last passport, I was having a seriously excellent hair day and I got the "smizing" thing they go on about on America's Next Top Model dead right, OH still says it's the sexiest photo he ever saw of me. Alas, it was in my handbag when the scumbags broke into my friend's car and stole our handbags. I had to hightail it to the Irish Embassy for an emergency passport, and I applied for a replacement passport and driver's license the same day, so I just got a heap of photos taken at a photobooth in the Gare du Nord. I was stressed, greasy haired, and pushed for time. I look like an escaped convict from a Russian Gulag in my current passport :o( It's so bad I've had border guards do double-takes when they look at it :o0
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Actually, I've just thought of another one. I had to renew my passport for some reason when I was 14. I was wearing an off-white teeshirt that was the EXACT colour of the background thingy in the chemist's where we got the photos done. I had my hair scraped back into a very tight plait (this was back in the days before I discovered hair product to tame my mane, my hair spend most of the 90s scraped back into a tight plait). And it was the winter, and so I was at my palest. And I had train-tracks on my teeth. And I smiled a big happy smile for the nice chemist lady. So on that particular passport, what you see is a tiny hint of red hair at the top, with two black dots in the middle where my eyes must have been, and then a semi-circle of metal suspended at the bottom. All the rest is white.
Hyper2012 Posts: 1327
I LOOK BALD O:| O:| :o( I am far from bald I have really long hair but it was back in a very needed to be washed ponytail I also look like im crying! So im Bald and Crying doesn't look a thing like me at all,and im stuck with it till 2019 I was actually taking pics of our passports last night to send to wedding planner I think H2B is about 16 its the Funniest & Cutest pic ever still better than my BALD one though!