Passport,

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger power Posts: 1632
Question-i wear glasses all the time and have to get new passport got my pics taken for it today and woman in chemist said keep them on if i wear them all time, just wondering is this correct as i had to take them off before when i first got my passport? Dont want to send it away and have it held up for this! :thnk :thnk
Lily K Posts: 643
If you look at the rules for passport photos it says "sunglasses are not permitted. Tinted glasses are allowed as long as they don't obscure the eyes." So I'd say standard glasses are fine. I attach the link to the page... http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=257 HTH
[quote="Lily K":1x5ypch4]If you look at the rules for passport photos it says "sunglasses are not permitted. Tinted glasses are allowed as long as they don't obscure the eyes." So I'd say standard glasses are fine. I attach the link to the page... http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=257 HTH[/quote:1x5ypch4] Thank you, that is more simple to what is on the form, :o)ll woop new passport in marriage name, but boo to the price :o(
Lily K Posts: 643
Yep price is what is making me wait til mine expires in 5 years time before getting a married name one... That and I actually LIKE my current photo :o0 :o0
Well i would of being same, only booking flights and saw it was out, so decided to bite the bullet now my driver lience will be left not out for a while too bloody expensive O:| and for change i love this pic with me and having my specs on, thank god i can change pic, as one i have now is AWFUL!!!!
IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
When you are getting the pic taken, be sure to push the glasses up so that they sit properly. If the line of your glasses or frame goes across your eyes, the pic will be rejected as they won't be able to do the facial measurements off the pic. Sometimes old glasses can sit slightly crooked as well so one eye will be fine but the other won't.
you can see my eyes in the picture, and the frame is just above them so you can see my eyebrows too! what happens if they reject the pictures, do they ring you to send on more?!
IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
As long as the rims of the glasses are not going across your eyes, it sounds fine. Sometimes varifocals can be a problem too. If the photos are not suitable, they normally write to you and you have to send more.
oh il send my pics i have and pray it not a problem :-)