pasteurised?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

JLa Posts: 527
does anyone know if the mozarella cheese on a frozen pizza is pasteurised? It doesnt say so on the box and i just treated myself to one. Now Im worrying that i shouldnt have eaten it and Ill never be able to eat one again! l love pizza and i rarely eat them, thought i might manage the odd one now that im expecting....anyone know?!
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
It'll be cooked along with the pizza so it would be fine even it wasn't pasteurised. I've been living on pizzas since I found out I was pg (it was one of the few things I could stomach to eat) and I've been fine :wv :wv
GirlFriday Posts: 1815
[quote="ghostchild2":o25cfuir]It'll be cooked along with the pizza so it would be fine even it wasn't pasteurised. I've been living on pizzas since I found out I was pg (it was one of the few things I could stomach to eat) and I've been fine :wv :wv[/quote:o25cfuir] I'm actually really qualified to answer this one, doesn't happen often so here's my tuppence :o0 ghostchild is right not to be worried. Pasteurisation only heats things up to about 70 degrees (if memory serves me right) and then cools them quickly. This kills most bacteria. In a laboratory all bacteria are eliminated from apparatus by heating to 121 degrees for 15 mins. The pizza in the oven at 180-200 for 18-20 mins will be well free of bugs :wv
JLa Posts: 527
girls i cant thank you enough, thats completly made my day!! Pizza here i come :-) :thnk