Menu

PAT O NEILL KILLARNEY

Go to Feedback

Leftbank
Woloholic

Re: PAT O NEILL KILLARNEY

Postby Leftbank » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Have any of you tried Sean Taffe, he does hair and make up and very reasonable prices thinking of booking in for wedding next yr.
E90 what a joke, i would be like take a hike mate!!!

Babypudding
New Wolly

Postby Babypudding » Sat May 22, 2010 2:01 am

Hey there,
recently was quoted €500 by him for bridal party. Like that he was impossible to contact...didn't return calls, was very slow to mail and will not discuss prices!! A total disaster.. Can anyone recommend someome else?? My hair is the one thing i'm worried about O:| O:| O:|

Emile
New Wolly

Postby Emile » Sat May 22, 2010 12:20 pm

After contacting pat o'neill and not being happy, I went searching on here for someone else and Tricia O'Sullivan from Munster Mobile hair was recommended and I have to say she was brilliant and extremely reasonable. hope this helps!

Babypudding
New Wolly

Postby Babypudding » Sat May 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks Emile,

Contacted Tricia and she's free on my date!! How did you find her work?

Emile
New Wolly

Postby Emile » Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 pm

very creative in her styling, matched my hair and dress perfectly as with my sister in law's too! hairstyle lasted the whole day-without pain from clips or over kill on hair spray. she really is a perfectionist and did not leave any pins/clips noticeable.

danidani
New Wolly

Postby danidani » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Where do I begin? I don’t think I can find enough great things to say… Pat MADE my wedding day so special. His energy and enthusiasm was absolutely contagious. He really made the morning for us! He put everyone at ease, from the mothers, to me (the bride), and was an invaluable resource for the bridesmaids. His attention to detail was unparalleled. Everyone loved the way that he did our hair and we all received a lot of compliments. Whether it was consulting on my dress to helping us with lunch to providing advice for the bridesmaids’ shoes, there was no task too big or too small for Pat. He was one of the best decisions we made and was worth every penny. I wish that I lived closer to Pat and that he could do my hair all the time!

Munster DJ Hire
Alison McDonnell
New Wolly

Postby Alison McDonnell » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:11 pm

**PLEASE READ** I had booked for myself (a bride), my sister (bridesmaid) and my brother's partner to have our hair done on the morning of my wedding on July 15th in the Style Suite. My sister had been to the salon for her own wedding 2 years before and had had a good experience.

We emailed Pat (he NEVER answers his phone) to make an appointment telling him that we were a bride and bridesmaid looking for a blowdry and 2 updos, the date and times. The times changed slightly over the weeks following and each time we informed Pat. The last confirmation was sent 11 days before the wedding (July 4th), we received
acknowledgment 8 days before (July 7th). He said that we were booked in from 9am and it was ours for the morning, this was in the same thread that said we were a bridal party.
We were also offered the option to have our makeup done at the salon but - fortunately - i had already booked an MUA who he said could do our makeup there.
On the morning of my wedding we turned up at 9.20am to find the salon locked and no one inside. We tried ringing Pat several times (again, no answer) and with no other number to ring or method to communicate by we went down to reception to see if
they knew anything. They could only tell us to ring his number. Most brides' nightmare was coming through. My MUA was on her way to that location and we had nowhere for her to go nevermind getting our hair done. Luckily my sister thought of my mother who was just up the road in Jordan Hairdressing and rang her. She asked Helena Jordan if she could take the three of us (she could) and if my MUA could also come (she could).
She completely and utterly saved my day and did an amazing job (if only we'd thought to go with her from the beginning). Sometime well after 11am Helena got another call from a bride who was also booked in that morning (her Day 2) asking if she could take her as there was STILL no one in the salon. She rang back about 5 mins later to say the hair stylist had turned up.

A few hours later, during my wedding meal, we got a text from Pat to say he missed our call and was in Galway. When we told him what happened he said he his "girls didn't realise there were some blowdrys booked in. We didn't have any bride booked in" and would "offer a couple of vouchers to say sorry", the best bit was "enjoy your night and pray for those who died in France" (the Nice shootings had happened that day). So i guess i was supposed to put up and shut up with his unprofessionalism because of what happened in France that day. I still don't know what that had to do with it? He went on to refer to our booking as "blowdrys" and completely downplay the fact that we were a bridal party and had the confirmations to prove it.

I am telling anyone who will listen just what happened to me that day as i do not want someone else to experience what we did. At least that was the one disaster and everything else went to plan but for the first part of the day to
go to badly wrong could easily throw another bride off for the whole day. I'm lucky that i have short hair so wasn't dependant on a particular style, my first concerns were for a location for my MUA and my bridesmaid's hair. I'm also lucky that i'm originally from near Killarney and my mother has a good relationship with Helena Jordan and was there at that time. What would an out-of-town bride do? Start googling and ringing around?

I'm sure Pat doesn't miss the (very expensive) appointments made for himself but obviously cares far less about those booked into his salon. AVOID!

Lucy-anne Foley
New Wolly

Postby Lucy-anne Foley » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi all,

Not only is Pat extremely overpriced, he is also not reliable.

He contacted me on the day before my wedding (VIA email) to say he could not make it.If i had not checked my emails on the Friday morning I don't know if he would have rang me! He email also did not make much sense and was confusing to read as his explanation was unclear. I phoned him straight away but his phone was turned off I did not get through until lunch time but was too upset to talk so my now hubby spoke to him. Thankfully, my fantastic make up artist had a friend who was able to help me, my mom, niece and three bridesmaids. Just be warned as I was very excited to have Pat doing my hair on my wedding, had the trail etc. done with him so when he cancelled so last minute i was very disappointing. It was more the way he cancelled, and not been able to reach him etc that was probably most disappointing.

Previous

Go to Feedback