Patience in the first trimester

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi Guys, Is anyone else driving themselves up the wall in the first trimester? It just seems so long. I just want to know everything is ok. I think Im finding it hard as Ive no symptoms, I find myself worrying "what if something is wrong" and then Im worrying "what if this is female intuition which means there's definitely something wrong". I would kill for a healthy bout of morning sickness just a sign things are ticking along. Is anyone else feeling like this? O:| sg
Sphynx Posts: 6795
swissgirl I think this is normal for anyone who's had a miscarriage. I am finding it really hard to wait until week 9 (2 more weeks) for a first scan. After that, I will find it really hard to get to week 12 but that won't be the end for me because things went wrong last time at nearly 13 weeks and we didn't find out till 16 weeks. So I see me finally being able to relax somewhat at about week 20, which is not until 15th May!!! Till then, like you I'm afraid to get excited. I think some small part of my brain is mentally preparing for things to go wrong - just in case. I don't have a feeling that anything is wrong, but neither do I have a feeling that all is well. I think that's just my brain protecting me against the worst case scenario and I bet yours is the same. The chances are that everything will go well this time. It's just living with our emotions that is going to be really tough. I'm starting on the Harry Potter re-reads this week (thanks for the idea). Anything to stay occupied! Try to hang in there and take one day at a time. And keep in touch!
Ducky Posts: 2506
Very annoying alright, this bit crawls. Rest assured it flies after that! Use the time to do the things you won't be able to do soon: Sleep, bend down, wash floors, gardening, cleaning and wear your jeans!! :o0 Seriously, hope all goes well for you both xx
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Thanks guys, Blackcat I hope time flies by for you and that all is well with your little bean. I just need to get patience and to stop feeling sorry for myself....its amazing how quickly you can start to wallow. Roll on week 20!!! :xxx
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Girls just popping in to wish ye all the best. I can imagine how hard it is but try to relax and enjoy all of the pregancy - You will never be this early in your pregancy again on this little bean so enjoy it as much as you can so you will look back with fond memories when your baby does finally arrive Best of luck to you both
luigi Posts: 867
hiya, It seems to last forever! We wrote off our car at 10 weeks and I was terrified Id lose my little one which made it feel soooo long until our scan, so I bought myself a doppler and it was a godsend. I listened to his little heart beating away when I felt worried and it seemed to make the first trimester much more real.
Angel2 Posts: 787
Girls, I totally agree that the First Trimester seems to be long. I think it's also to do with the fact that we haven't told anyone, apart from our parents, and I'm just bursting to tell our brothers & sisters, nieces & nephews and friends. We also can't wait for the first scan. I can't even imagine how we're both going to feel when we hear the heart beat for the first time and get a little pic of our bean. Oh I can't wait! :xox :lvs
MotherNature Posts: 317
[quote="Luigi_2B":1zoyb5cd]I bought myself a doppler[/quote:1zoyb5cd] Tell us more!! I found the first trimester flew by. I can't believe I'm 17 weeks gone already, but I guess it's different for everyone. Just living for next Monday morning, the first scan.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I found the same - couldn't believe how slowly the time went (and I had what felt like never-ending morning sickness!!). Honestly though, all I can say is try to enjoy the pregnancy while it lasts, when you have your baby you'll look back and wonder where the hell the time went! Even once I was out of the first trimester, the worrying never stopped. Right up to the time I had my baby in my arms, I was always worried about something...and even now it hasn't stopped - I worry about whether she's feeding enough, warm enough, whether she's sick, in pain, etc, etc.....you get the picture. As mums to be, and mothers I don't think we ever stop worrying, and although it's easier said than done, all we can do is try to look at the positives and not worry about every little thing (I think that's what made the pregnancy drag for me). Like Luigi, we bought a doppler. We had a scan very early on, and the next one was not going to be til 21 weeks so I couldn't have gone that long without knowing if everything was ok. It was so reassuring to take it out every weekend and hear her little heart beating away. Really kept us going between appointments *)
madmam Posts: 1294
hey girls, how much is a doppler, and where can you get one?