pay doc if sick but not pregnancy related?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
Just wondering if you go to doc if your sick but its not related to being pregnant do you have to pay or is it only ante-natal check ups are free? Have been off work with a vomiting bug the last few days so have to go get a cert.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Technically it's only ante natal stuff that's free but it honestly depends on your gp. I went to confirm pregnancy and brought DD with me coz she was fixed and I wasn't charged for her looking at DD. Are you sure it's a bug and not morning sickness??
sally Posts: 1140
No morn sickness long gone.... had my DDs birthday party last week and one of the families at it had the bug last week and one of them was in hospital with it, must have caught it off them. My whole body was aching the last two days like flu but got the flu shot so must be just a bug, feel better today but still cant eat and for me that means Im sick, there is a lovely birthday cake in the fridge I cant even look at :o(
taraxx Posts: 79
It depends on the GP. I went for back pain and they did not charge me as she linked it to pregnancy...same for a UTI. HTH!
maisedon Posts: 1394
[quote="Mrs Poppyseed":279cig8n]My doc has charged me for things not related to pregnancy, I never know ehther or not I'm going to be charged until I go outside to the receptionist.[/quote:279cig8n] My GP is the exact same!!
alton Posts: 3077
My doc has charged me for a pregnancy related visit that wasn't one of the scheduled ante-natal visits :o(
sinion Posts: 6050
The surgery I used to go to had 3 doctors and it was pot luck who you got. There was one who didn't charge for anything during pregnancy and I was always gutted when I didn't get him!
bubblybaby Posts: 98
[quote="maisedon":1exvs4tb][quote="Mrs Poppyseed":1exvs4tb]My doc has charged me for things not related to pregnancy, I never know ehther or not I'm going to be charged until I go outside to the receptionist.[/quote:1exvs4tb] My GP is the exact same!![/quote:1exvs4tb] Mine is the same but he let me away with it the first time :)