Paying consultant and scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spice Bride Posts: 558
Ladies, can't get through to my consultant's office. Drives me nuts cos there is no voicemail and the secretary never seems to be there. Anyway, have scan tomorrow. I'll be 9 and 1/2 weeks. Do you think that it will be internal or external? Secretary never said anything so I'm assuming internal - otherwise she would have told me to drink lots of water. Also, we have to pay half the consultants fees tomorrow. Would they take credit card? I've used up my last cheque so it's either a wad of cash or the card. I'm going to the Coombe so if anyone knows their payment method I'd appreciate your advice. Just one less stress for what is a big stressful day.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Eh....internal examinatiions??whats this all about :eek :eek :eek
I've only ever had internal ones....Had a scan at 7 weeks and it was internal. And it was internal for all my scans on my m/c. An internal scan gives more information, early in the pregnancy. Just don't know at what stage you get as much information on an external. 12 weeks would be external but don't know what 9 and 1/2 weeks would be.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
I'm sure a credit card will be totally fine. Give the Coombe a bell to put your mind at ease for both method of payment and tell them how far you're gone and what should you expect for tomorrow and how to prep if necessary!! Best of luck!!
EVIE78 Posts: 687
I paid cash at all my appointments
Moet for me Posts: 1841
I'd have though it would be external at that stage I'm not sure though I had an internal at 7 weeks.
jen2 Posts: 3106
I had an internal beofre 7 weeks and an external at 9 weeks. Hope that helps some. Jen2
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I would guess external spice bride so drink some water (but not too much) just in case. Best of luck!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
I haven't even seen my doctor yet and I'm just wondering how come you all had internals around the 7 week mark?? My first visit is at 12 weeks!!
I had a bleed at 7 weeks so had a scan when I went to the emergency dept. Think that 12 weeks is perfectly normal - unless you've previously had an m/c or other complications, then you might be scanned earlier. Finally spoke to the sec and she wasn't sure if it will be internal or external but she thinks external. Will have to give myself a tidy up down below, just in case.