Paying for accommodation for bridal party!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

donegal bride Posts: 46
Hey everyone, Just looking for a bit of advice. Was just wondering if it's the done thing for the bride and groom to pay for the bridal party's acommodation? We were going to pay for our parents' rooms but was just wondering if we have to pay for the bridesmaids', best man and groomsman's rooms as well??
shattered Posts: 322
Eh, no. I'm certainly not. Got enough to pay for!
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
we did. they may not be able to afford to stay in a nice hotel (especially these days) and would be opting for a B&B if they weren't in the bridal party, so i don't think it's fair to ask them to pay for it. also paid for the bridesmaids to stay the night before as we were having dinner with my family, again i invited them and felt i couldn't expect them to fork out for it. it's an added expense but i think it's fair enough.
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
I think this is totally up to you & whether you can actually afford it or not. It really does differ from couple to couple. It's a very nice touch if you can afford it, but these days I don't think anyone would be cribbing if you didn't do it.
rocj Posts: 799
no def not we cannot afford to pay for them it would be six double rooms for them 3 bridesmaids and three best men and they all have partners so they could not share. we have enough to pay for.
2010 bride! Posts: 33
We got the hotel to include the rooms complementary for our parents
amummynow Posts: 604
We only have to pay for the Best Man and the Bridesmaid as the hotel gave free room for both sets of parents :o)ll
ems09 Posts: 318
No we are not, we just cant afford it now :o( but my dad is paying for my brothers and sisters rooms. We would of honestly had to pay for so many and they really have to pay for nothing else at all for the day. We bought them everything right down to the groomsmen and best mans socks :o0 and we also bargained down our hotel on the cost of the rooms and got it down from 150 for 2 ps to 99 for 2 ps so it is nearly the same price for them to stay in a b&b :hic
gossip girl Posts: 240
we are paying for the best man and chief bridesmaid's accomadation only
ela28 Posts: 2552
hi we are not paying for the bridal party to stay in the hotel,at the end of the day you're paying for their meal,clothing,hair,makeup,jewellery,shoes,nails,tan,presents etc etc,that's plenty to pay for,I would not say it's unfair at all not to be paying for their rooms,at the end of the day every guest that you're inviting to your wedding has to pay for their own room so why should the bridal party have theirs paid for,I realise they are doing you the honor of being part of your wedding etc but with everything else that gets paid for them and a nice present that is more than enough to show your appreciation,fair enough times are hard for them but they are also hard for others going to the wedding and the couple getting married and it's the couple that are getting married that are going to be way more out of pocket than the bridal party that will only have to pay for a room for themselves,the bride and groom have thousands to pay as it is so I think it's pretty fair for the bridal party to pay for their own accomodation,the only rooms that the bride and groom would normally pay for are the parents rooms hth :wv