PAYING FOR HOTEL ROOMS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmary Posts: 13
Is it still tradition to pay for the hotel for the bridesmaids the night of the wedding ??
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Hi madmary, welcome! There's been a few threads about this since i joined in september but there doesn't seem to be a right and a wrong, just whatever you want to do.
goblyn Posts: 796
[u:1lscch6d][b:1lscch6d]You pay for the hotel for the bridesmaids on the nights of the wedding?[/b:1lscch6d][/u:1lscch6d] Huh! seriously cause thats a hell of a lot of money I have 3 bridesmaids and they have boyfriends/husbands so thats 6 people at 120 a head thats €720 - no way I can add to the bill, they are aleady getting their dresses makeup and hair done. ................ Next someone will tell me its tradition to buy their underwear. I spoke to a friend today and and she said in her country its normal for the bridesmaid to buy her own dress, buy a present for the bride and make the wedding cake. But Seriously though do people usually pay for the rooms for the bridesmaids?
rainyday Posts: 609
From what I've heard, yes, it is the norm to pay for the BMs. I suppose, though, as with everything, it's up to yourself! I've never been anyone's BM........but would definitely not expect for my accommodation to be paid for if I was. Out of interest, if you are paying for the BMs, do you do the same for the groom's men? I plan on paying for both sets of parents and the 3 BMs, but not the groomsmen. That said, it could work out as being too expensive!
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
think its upto the individual
funkyfish Posts: 7626
not normal to pay for BM in hotel, they would be attending if they weren't BM's if you pay for them where would it stop???
funkyfish Posts: 7626
not normal to pay for BM in hotel, they would be attending if they weren't BM's if you pay for them where would it stop???
bumble Posts: 1980
We are paying for our parents hotel rooms and also the BM and best man (only 1 BM and the best man...no other BMs or GMs). We feel it's only fair as we want them there all night and not leaving to go back on the guest bus after the reception. I must add though that we are not doing gifts etc for bridal party. Their room for the night is their gift!! Oh and of course i'll be paying for BM hair & makeup. That said, when I was BM i paid for my own room - to be honest that is prob more the norm.
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
[quote="rainyday":1t1d6szs] I plan on paying for both sets of parents and the 3 BMs, but not the groomsmen. That said, it could work out as being too expensive![/quote:1t1d6szs] Why not the groomsmen - the are equally as important as the BM IMO.
Mumaholic Posts: 833
We were gonna til i realised the cost of it!!! Now we're just paying for both sets of parents, and giving the wedding party the discounted rooms but they're payin themselves if they want to stay!