Payments

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smilinmaz Posts: 446
Just a quick question....our band want to be paid in cash...is this normal? It's a large amount of cash to be asking anyone to hold till the eve,
CoolInterestingUserName Posts: 326
A few bands we were looking at asked for this too. It does seem crazy but must be the norm.
craftyPB Posts: 2625
I didn't want to hand over such a large amount in cash, so asked if I could do a bank transfer and just do €150 to each of the three guys on the night, so that's what we're doing....
Sinead Nic Gabhann Ceremony Singer Posts: 1274
Hey Wollies, I sometimes have a group of six musicians playing with me and I offer the bride and groom two options, one is to pay in cash on the day, the other is to send me a cheque or bank transfer a week before so I can give the payments to the individual musicians on the day. I just need to have the money in my account in order to pay it out, it is as simple as that. This also ensures people I am not dodging the tax man, cause it's all very transparent. Hope this helps! Sinead
Jenron Posts: 259
I think it's pretty standard so I wouldn't be worried about it. In fact we asked our band, photographer and car supplier if there would be any discount for paying with cash - we got €200 off the band, €50 off the car and €150 off the photographer - nice little money saving trick if you ask me!!! If you're worried about carrying the money around all day, we put it in the safe at our venue and then the band got it on arrival.