PCOS and weight loss help please

Go to Health & Fitness

Casperlady
Mini Wolly

PCOS and weight loss help please

Postby Casperlady » Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 am

I have PCOS and all I seem to need to do is look at food to put on weight. Now I have been trying to lose weight for years but all I ever seem to do is lose a stone then pile it back on again plus more. Now I know my diet has not bee great but lately I have really changed it eating loads of veg small amounts of fruit reducing carbs lots of water and joining a gym and still I struggle. I want to ask other brides have any of you got PCOS and lost weight how did you do it?

Annajoly123
Major Wolly

Re: PCOS and weight loss help please

Postby Annajoly123 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:41 am

I am the same as you. I put on quite a bit of weight over the years & last year I started a personal training regime... they measure you instead of weighing. It is interesting.. Also they made me do a food diary with strictly NO carbs after 5pm.

With this I lost just under a stone but since stopping I have put on a 1/2 a stone again but I would say my inches are much the same.

PCOS is a nightmare & a worry. It's horrible.. :weep

Molly710
New Wolly

Postby Molly710 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Another PCOS bride here. It's such a pain!! I've always been overweight and found it really hard to lose it so I've been up and down over the years but I was determined to get to somewhere I was happy by the wedding!
Have been flat out at it for the last year and training with a trainer since August last and have about a stone and a half down. Everyone tells me I'm looking great etc and I know I look better than I did but to me I'm not where I wanted to be and getting scarily close to the wedding! Plus for the effort I've been putting in I feel like I should have 4 stone down!!!
I feel like no one understands how hard it is to lose even a pound! It gets very frustrating. I went back to my doctor this morning to re check my bloods to see if there is anything else going on but I don't think there is. Going to try start on metformin again and see if that makes any difference but I'm clutching at straws!
All we can do is plough on I suppose!!

Carriedaway
Wolly Addict

Postby Carriedaway » Thu May 05, 2016 1:57 pm

yeap another pcos sufferer here along with endometriosis and an underactive thyroid .
After I had my baby a year ago I was determined to lose the weight and get fit because I was sick of it being an issue when i was trying to get pregnant. It took me 11 months to lose 1 stone 13lbs then I went back to work and wasn't on the go as much and piled on a stone in a month, like seriously a month???? takes me 6 monts to lose it and I look at a bar and i put a stone on.
I have since lost 7lbs of that stone again but fml its killing me, i cried for about 2 hours last night im so exhausted with it all. I eat very healthy and I have been getting up to go to the gym at 5.30am doing a full days work , collecting the baby playing with her for a few hours , then when she goes to bed im prepping dinners lunches and breakfasts. by the time I crawl into bed its about 9.30 and im up again at 5.30.
So p1ssed off with it all, if a normal person was putting in the work I am they would be a size zero by now. But what annoys me more is people who dont have the same problem assume im lying and im eating in secret or something!! I drink 3 - 5 litres of water a day, I eat a veggie smoothie with protein powder after gym, then have another brekkie at 10 of eggs and avacado/spinach etc lunch is chicken salad , dinner is always home made or if we do go out i always get salad or chicken and veg.
Only thing that stops me giving up is i know I will pile the weight back on in a few weeks and that will make me even more sad

Casperlady
Mini Wolly

Postby Casperlady » Thu May 05, 2016 6:40 pm

It's so unfair Molly710 did metformin help I begged my doc to put me on it but she won't

bánybride
New Wolly

Postby bánybride » Sat May 07, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi girls,
well im in the same boat..6 years ago i weighted 23 stone and pcos actually nearly killed me! So my doc did put me on metformin..and i keep to a seriously strick diet and exercises regime but 6 years later im almost 11 stone! Its very very hard..had my ovaries scanned recently and alot of the cysts are gone! The gynae says that is due to the weight loss...stick with it..YOU CAN DO IT!

Lucy Kavanagh
marialouise
Mini Wolly

Postby marialouise » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:58 pm

Since my first visit to the endocrinologist when I first learned I had PCOS, I have lost 3 stone (20kg). I did Metformin for a while but it's not some magic pill where weight just fell off, I had to change my eating habits and exercise too. I am happy to talk to any of you in a private message about it, but like the poster above said, it is possible and so worth it!

Go to Health & Fitness

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T