Menu

peeeeeeeeing ALL the time!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

leanbh1 Posts: 473
This is driving me crazy!I thought this was only meant to happen towards the end of pregnancy?I've been getting up 3 times a night since 5 weeks gone.And its really painful if I ignore it at all.Afterwards my empty bladder aches for a while too.Is this normal? On the day my pg was confirmed the gp found proteins in my urine and said she'd send it off for analysis.But I heard nothing so I presume (and hope) it was negative for an infection of some kind.Am seeing her this week so will hopefully get it sorted either way.
shootingstar Posts: 1340
Hi Leanbh1, This one of the first symptoms that i got when i found out i was pregnant, and it is the most annoying one!!!! >:o( Having to wake up to go to the toilet and then trying to get back to sleep!!!! Mine eased off around 14 weeks but I would have the odd night that i HAVE to get up to go to the toilet!!! But mine wasnt painful, maybe ring your doctor and see if he has any result for you in relation to infections?? Hope all goes well for you though? xx
Barbara Ann Posts: 1032
Hi Ladies, I only got my BfP on Friday and I've been peeing non stop. :o)ll :o)ll DH can't understand how this is happening to me so soon. I often woke up to go the loo at night in the past but even during the day I can't seem to stop. Going out with the family next week and although I don't drink I don't know how I will get away with going to the loo so much without my mother catching on. I really want to wait and surorise my parents in a few weeks so i don't want her guessing. :wv
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
Ohm y god i hear ya !!!! Yesterday i was lying on the sofa and had to have a wee sp up i went full bladder, grand all sorted. Was only on the sofa 2 mins when i had to go again 1!! Went up another good lot !!! Back down - 5 mins later up again - Hubby was looking at me like i was mental !!! It was wrecking my head. And then in bed last night every time i finally got comfy i had to get up and go !!!! Im soo peeeeeeddddd off with it :o0
roxychick Posts: 1802
I had it all the way through. Really bad at the start and from 15 weeks on. Really annoying but it's all part of it
lila Posts: 982
I'm 27 weeks now and still have to get up at least once a night still to pee. It was annoying at the beginning but I'm like auto-pilot now - don't even need to turn lights on or anything. Good thing is that you should fall straight back asleep...
John Walsh Guitar
Barbara Ann Posts: 1032
Hi Cutey Pie I'm in stitches laughing hear at your post. I was the exact same yesterday on the couch and Dh kept looking at me saying "you couldn't need to go again" Honestly does he think I enjoy running up and down the stairs every five minutes.
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Hi Girls! You're all in for a journey with this weeing!!! God I thought it was bad at 12-15 weeks, I can't even explain how much worse it is now at 31 weeks... at the VERY LEAST i'm up 8 times a night, torture cause it's hard enough sleeping without this horrible interuption!!!!
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I was grand up to about 2 or 3 weeks ago! Didn't notice I was going much more and never really had to get up in the middle of the night! For the last 2 or 3 weeks I have a path worn to the toilet! It's the last thing I do before I go to bed and will wake about 2 or 3 more times during the night and again at 7 when h2b goes out to work! I'm exhausted during the day from not getting a proper nights sleep! h2b thinks it's hilarious! Told him that I'm going to start waking him every time I have to go n c how hilarious he thinks it is then!
honeybee Posts: 624
Pee all the time from really early on too and nearer the end it gets worse. In fact if i know i am going anywhere where i dont have access to a toilet for longer than 20mins i make sure to wear a panty liner. Apparently my friend says its even worse after birth.