pelvic floor excercises

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

January Baby Posts: 1427
Just wondering when you should start these? How many should you do at a time? I'm clueless today! :-8
whackywoman Posts: 1496
I think asap You should probably start with 10 and build it up. I kept forgetting and I'm supposed to still do them now after giving birth but I keep forgetting. Looks like I will be in nappies when I get older >:o) >:o)
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
recent research has proved that these exercises dont actually work at all! damn it anyways ! :o0
Inlove10 Posts: 806
Not sure I believe that Ah they'll do you no harm anyway
alton Posts: 3077
[quote:3i97n34x]recent research has proved that these exercises dont actually work at all! damn it anyways ![/quote:3i97n34x] Really? I'm not sure whether to be worried (abouut the inevitability of the nappies) or secretly relieved (because I haven't been doing nearly enough of these).
rushinbride Posts: 1097
seriously i've noticed a difference since i started doing them!! the most i can manage in one go is 10 but i try to do it as often as i remember - i wouldn't have believed 8mths ago that they were worth it, but in the past few wks i've had a visible difference - so i'm happy to continue.. babycrazy to ans your question...start now - with as many as you can...
jarashow Posts: 3083
[quote="rushinbride":1b176t9q]seriously i've noticed a difference since i started doing them!! the most i can manage in one go is 10 but i try to do it as often as i remember - i wouldn't have believed 8mths ago that they were worth it, but in the past few wks i've had a visible difference - so i'm happy to continue.. babycrazy to ans your question...start now - with as many as you can...[/quote:1b176t9q] OK, I have to ask Rushin, what is the visible difference ???
rushinbride Posts: 1097
[quote="jarashow":fuqnxea3][quote="rushinbride":fuqnxea3]seriously i've noticed a difference since i started doing them!! the most i can manage in one go is 10 but i try to do it as often as i remember - i wouldn't have believed 8mths ago that they were worth it, but in the past few wks i've had a visible difference - so i'm happy to continue.. babycrazy to ans your question...start now - with as many as you can...[/quote:fuqnxea3] OK, I have to ask Rushin, what is the visible difference ???[/quote:fuqnxea3] I ain't leaking as much...I was wearing sanitary towels to soak up what was...spilt :-8 its really after making a difference... I didnt at all have this problem in my first pregnancy...so I was a peed off I had it this time (I didn't do one pelvic floor exercise in first pregnancy) but really I've noticed a difference mainly in the past 2 wks or so!
jarashow Posts: 3083
That's fab Rushin.... don't you love the warts and all on this site... was laughing out loud at your (non-intended I think ) pun :o0
goldfisher Posts: 439
How do you do these exercises? Is there a site that can give you an example of them.