People nicking my fave name!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Goddamit.........DH and I decided we loved a name for a little girl if we ever had one (gonna start ttc in new year), and in the last couple of days 2 friends have announced theyve had girls and are both calling them our fave name!! Its not fair!!!! :o(
Itisasecret Posts: 389
So can you tell us what it is incase we want to nick it too?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Had you told them this was your favourite name that you had picked out (like Monika telling Rachel in "Friends")? If so it's a bit mean of them to pick it!!! But if you really love it I don't see why you can't have it too, or maybe a variant of it? Go on, tell us what it is!
Ducky Posts: 2506
mmmm, my friends did that to me too by calling daughter Lucy, which I had in mind. But they got there first! Now they are dreading me calling mine Ben if it's a boy cos that's their fav!! :o0 :o0
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Aw go on, tell us what's the name - must be lovely for everybody to be nicking it on you!!
SparklyC Posts: 1766
Tell us tell us!!
mad woman Posts: 22106
dont tell them.
Ducky Posts: 2506
Ah g'wan....
babe06 Posts: 898
we honestly have nothing better to be doing do we!! I'm dying to know too. We picked names and a very close frined recently told me she was pg so i told her the names immediately!!!
MrsMeggy Posts: 367
Same happen to us we had picked a name (it was DH granny's name) and his brother picked a name that is not the same but is very simalar and if we used it I am sure it would be frowned on. Tell us the name!!