People predicting your having a boy or girl??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bumpytwo Posts: 50
Hi all... just wondering do you have family/friends all commenting on your bump and saying "oh yah you are definitly having a boy/girl" because of the size of your bump, position, weight gain >:o( seriously is there any truth in all of this!!!! O:| O:| im gettin so annoyed at this stage, its making me want to find out on my next scan what im having just so i can shut people up!!!! O:| >:o( sorry for the rant!!!
Mrs Snuffleupagus Posts: 554
Very irritating to say the least. Had one girl in work say that she reckoned I was having a girl because I have weight on my hips! O:| ;o(
mamabrod Posts: 830
God i must be weird here but I love ppl telling me what they think I am having! even when a colleague said, you have a fat ass so i think its a girl! :-8 he is a messer though so i didnt think anything of it! i have no idea what we are having and we are not going to find out so i think this is all part of the fun! but if its bothering you you could shut them up by saying you know but keeping it to yourself!
Fx and tx Posts: 378
Oh its driving me bananas as well O:| O:| O:| I dont have a big bump and I have actually lost weight so from people saying God you wouldnt even know your pregnant to its def a girl because your so neat and its all at the front and then its a boy because I am so neat the baby is more to the back....I feel like I need to justify that I am 7 months pregnant >:o( >:o( Thanks for this thread as needed this rant :o0
wishingwell Posts: 253
it can b sooooooooooooooooooo annoying, wit my first my mil kept saying she was 100% positive i was having a boy, she kept saying she was positive because i had such a fat arse (charming i know) once in company she told me 2 stand up so everyone cud c how fat my ass was..... turns out i did hav a boy and of course proved her prediction, tis time she reckons its a girl coz obviously im not as fat, i always say 2 anyone u hav a 50 % chance of getting it right so u wudnt get good odds wit paddy powers, that was always my pet hate during my pregnancy that and people randomly rubbing my pregnancy belly........ nobody has done it tis time round, i reckon i hav a snarl on my face scaring them off :o0 :o0
Fx and tx Posts: 378
Oh you made me laugh there Wishingwell...sur my aunt said to me yesterday that there was nothing of me there that I was fatter before and not even pregnant...seriously like give a girl a complex when her hormones are raging at week 28 :o0
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I haven't gotten this yet, but not showing much. I think people (especially women who've had kids) just love to comment on things like this. I think its a real sign of nothing better to talk about other than pregnancy with a pregnant woman. I think I know what we're having but until the sprog pops no one knows for sure. I also hope I NEVER say things like this to a pregnany lady when its all behind me, I hope I'll have better things to talk about.
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
I kind of like people commenting too on whether they think I'm having a boy or girl- it's just a bit of harmless fun and have no idea why anyone would feel annoyed about it. Even before i was showing nearly everyone said they just have a feeling we're having a girl. It's nothing to do with how I'm carrying, just a feeling people have I suppose. TBH I'm starting to think it may be a boy, not sure why. Will find out at our next scan but it will be our little secret :) Only thing that annoys me is people giving unwanted opinions- like my cousins wife insinuating we obviously don't care about the health of our baby as we are finding out the gender at our next scan. She shook her head and said 'all we should be concerned about is the health of the baby' O:| Now that was infuriating!
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
EVERYBODY is convinced im having a boy because my bump is exactly the same as last time,(has a boy) but they are all wrong, its a girl this time :o)ll most of dh family passing remarks about my weight height and just generally whatever they can but doesnt bother me... as long as the baby is healthy i couldnt care what way my bump/weight is :baby3:
bumpytwo Posts: 50
[quote="28-sept-10":18yelq5y]EVERYBODY is convinced im having a boy because my bump is exactly the same as last time,(has a boy) but they are all wrong, its a girl this time :o)ll :[/quote:18yelq5y] oh i would soooo love to prove them wrong!! u must be laughin inside everytime u hear it!! i had scan today asked my midwife what i was having she replied "a baby" :yelrotflmaosmilie: gotta laugh!!! genuinely i dont mind what i have and on the first baby i got these comments all the time and the majority were right i had a boy, i suppose id like to hear im having a girl deep down maybe dats why its annoying me... [quote="wishingwell":18yelq5y]it can b sooooooooooooooooooo annoying, wit my first my mil kept saying she was 100% positive i was having a boy, she kept saying she was positive because i had such a fat arse (charming i know) once in company she told me 2 stand up so everyone cud c how fat my ass was..... [/quote:18yelq5y] and i get dat too, turn around let me see...yah you have a bit of weight, oooh im not sure O:| ...a few months listening to dat would drive anyone cracked!!! at least im not on my own on dis one! thanks ladies, best wishes :stork: