Period cramps at 30 wks???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Hey girls, Just wondering has anyone had this?Have been feeling light cramps since yest morn and after reading honeybunch's thread on early labour am feeling a little worried. Is this normal stretching pains or braxton hicks? Can feel baby moving as normal so that's reassuring. Thanks!
milis Posts: 7998
I had that for a few days too. They were gone by the time I got to the doctor though, so I forgot to ask her about them!
Thanks Milis, that's reassuring to know.Amn't seeing the doc for 2.5 wks. Have to say think this combined care is a bit of a joke, ur meant to b seen every 2 wks at this stage and i'll b nearly 4 weeks when i'm next seen...
milis Posts: 7998
How did that happen? I've been every 2 weeks since 30 weeks. According to the card I should have been seen 24, 28 and 30, but the midwife said 24, 27 and 30 made more sense to her, so that's what I did.
Just the way the hosp kept scheduling my next appt and i tried to see the doc halfway thru the two appt's. Was at the hosp at 25 wks and will b again at 32 wks, saw my doc at 28 wks.
red_rubies Posts: 2424
[quote="MINI DONKEY":28emulhx]Just the way the hosp kept scheduling my next appt and i tried to see the doc halfway thru the two appt's. Was at the hosp at 25 wks and will b again at 32 wks, saw my doc at 28 wks.[/quote:28emulhx] Do you not ask the hosp when to book your next app for? What I used to do, was before I left hospital, I'd book app for 2 weeks time, then I'd go home & book GP app for the next week. That way I was seeing Gp one week & hosp the next. Anyway, with regards to your cramps. I've been getting them on & off for a few weeks now. It obviously meant nothing for me, but if they get stronger you should maybe ring hosp. Do they go away when you lie down? It's so hard to know what's what on your first! :wv
When I leave the hosp they just give me the date of my next appt and then I tried to go to doc halfway between each appt. Will b telling them next time when i want to go back. Think it's mad there is no correspondance between doc and hosp, theynever see each others notes. Didn't notice the cramps in bed last night so maybe they do go away when i lie down...They're like twinges low down? How do u know the difference between these and b hicks?
piripiri Posts: 165
I get those too. Don't know what they are but as long as there's no blood I presume it's ok??? I think they could be BH but no real clue!
honeybunch Posts: 1218
Ah MINI DONKEY, I didn't mean to scare you :-8 From what I can gather, BH are like contractions in that they last a few seconds and come every X number of minutes but they do not get worse and there is no pattern to them, i.e. may come 10 mins apart, then 5, then 20. If these are painful I'd get them checked out though. If it is the real thing, I think it should be getting worse. Or is it more of a dull constant ache-I get that too sometimes, maybe that would be pressure from position of baby? I suppose like anything, go see your doctor if you are at all worried. Better safe than sorry. Hope you are okay :wv