period like pain and feeling constipated???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Ladies for well over a week now I have been getting period like pain on and off. It's slowly becoming more painful. It lasts for a couple of minutes. I get it at least once a day but it can be more. The thing is lately it seems to be happening more often after I've been to the loo for a pee :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 I don't get it everytime I've been and I've gotten when I haven't been also. I'm presuming though it's Braxton Hicks I'm getting??? Also for roughly the same amount of time I have been feeling very constipated eventhough I do go to the loo. TMI Alert :action28 :action28 I pooped twice on Saturday :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 yet still felt constipated. Anyone else feeling like this???????
candellight Posts: 71
I'm not pregers, but if your feeling constipated could you have trapped gas which could be causing the pain, say it to your doc better to be safe than sorry i always say...
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i have been feeling like this the past week too, got really bad pains last thursday accompanied with my belly going rock hard on and off. i hardly ever feel hungry anymore either, always seem to feel a bit full and bunged up. i just assumed it was all part of getting us ready for D-day!!!!
chucklebells Posts: 350
Lovely feeling eh? I'm 38 weeks pregnany and I have been having the same on and off for the last 2 weeks. I think it is just the body getting ready for the birth. is your stomach sometimes getting tight also, like the baby is sticking it's bum out... This is all braxton hicks apparently
Mrsh09 Posts: 282
Hi Ghostchild, I've had the period pains every day now for about a month, also been getting BH's since week 22 and they are getting really intense so much so I ended up in hospital as they thought I was going in to labour, it's all apparently normal though, our body is practicing. Regarding the feeling connstipated I'm getting it too but seem to be going more often :eek I think it's pressure on the perineum feels like i'm all blocked up :o0 Doc says if pains get really bad I can take paracetamol or try a hot water bottle. HTH
Hi everyone, thanks for putting my mind at ease :wv :wv :wv I had a feeling it was all normal but it's nice to hear. Had 2 really bad braxton hicks today and it's made realise just what a wosh I'm going to be during the labour. Think I will so be screaming for the drugs :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Calm sea Posts: 247
I hear ya sister! Last night got a bad night's sleep as had lower back pain as if my period was coming, not very painful or anything just uncomfortable and enough to make me restless. Also have that feeling of constipation even though I'm not. It must be all part of the preparation...At least we are heading in the right direction!
Hey got the period like pains alot yesterday and quite regular (every 4 hours or there abouts). Went to see my doctor this morning and she tested for a kidney infection but that was neg. She said they sounded like braxton hicks alright. She said the fact that I got them so regular could mean I'll go into early labour or they may just disappear. Mentioned the constipation feeling also while I was there and she said that is pretty normal also. It's the pressure that the baby puts on both the front and back passage. Felt like such a twat going into her but even DH was getting worried as I was getting the pains so often :-8 :-8 :-8
johnnycomelately Posts: 36
Have been getting period-like cramps pver the last week or so too, worried that it's all a bit early for that, I'm only 31 weeks :eek Have been getting BH since about 20 weeks or so, but very infrequently!