Period like pains at 37 weeks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lila Posts: 982
Hi ladies Just wondering if anyone out there got period like pains on and off at about 37 weeks? For the last few days I've been getting these - sometimes enough to make me go ouch! My doc said its because the baby is moving down into position. I'm just wondering if it means I might expect babs on time or is it just normal.... thanks girls.... :thnk Lila
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Sorry I cant help you but just wanted to say you must be SO excited!!
mama2E Posts: 670
Lila I've been having a few niggly pains - like period pains for the last few weeks. Some times they wake me from my sleep! As its my first I haven't a clue what it means. Just assuming it was my body preparing itself. Read somewhere that its not an indication that you'll go early :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( Its a great sign though that your body's getting ready for the finale! Good luck and take care.
chicam Posts: 1169
Lila, I posted about this a couple of weeks ago - I had MAJOR period pains (I was 34 wks then) so much so that I went to the hospital and they told me they were ligament pains from the baby getting into position. Anyway I've had them on and off ever since and in the last 2 days (almost 36 wks now) have had them back full force. I am not worried about them, I figure like the others said that it's my body getting ready for bday so I'm sure yours are the same!
Astra25 Posts: 83
I am due in 3.5 weeks and have then as well.Had them v bad last week as well, its def baby moving down, I was convinced I was going into labour they were that niggly etc.
lila Posts: 982
thanks ladies for the replies :thnk Thankfully I'm not the only one experiencing these pains! We are all on the major countdown now I guess!!!
roxychick Posts: 1802
They're normal. I had them for weeks and was a week overdue