period timing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

KiwiPavlova Posts: 13
Hello all, My wedding is a month away, and I am afraid that an unwelcome monthly visitor will be there. I am normally very regular, and am just in the middle of an unexpected period now. Any advice on how to delay it or hurry it along for next month?! Thanks a lot!
nuttybride Posts: 594
You can a pill from your doctor that u take that postpones your period!
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Are you on the contraceptive Pill (thinking maybe not if you had an unexpected period?). Only that I will be running two packs of the Pill together next month to get my period over with a week before my wedding. It's not ideal (bloating, spotting, feeling massive) but all of those symptoms should be gone by time of the wedding.
mrsmurphy Posts: 193
If you have just started your period - why dont you start taking the contraceptive pill straight away for the next few weeks and continue it on to another pack until after your wedding - that way it will keep period away until after. There is another pill you can get from the doc that stops period i think but reading previous posts on here - i think some girls had some nasty effects. best to talk to your gp to see what options are there.
lollypopwife Posts: 836
[quote="mrsmurphy":21yvxk22]If you have just started your period - why dont you start taking the contraceptive pill straight away for the next few weeks and continue it on to another pack until after your wedding - that way it will keep period away until after. There is another pill you can get from the doc that stops period i think but reading previous posts on here - i think some girls had some nasty effects. best to talk to your gp to see what options are there.[/quote:21yvxk22] +1 This is what I did. I was a little late starting it (as in didn't catch day 1) so it affected the contraceptive aspect but sure thats not why I was taking it! I had a small chance I might get my TOFM on the wedding day and just didn't want to even risk it. I enquired about the pill that delays it through a friends colleagues (she works with nurses and doctors) and at least 2 nurses and 1 doctor said absolutely not for my style of dress as mine was fitted around my stomach and that pill almost guarantees bloating according to them!
featherrocket Posts: 233
I was suppose to get my period the day of my wedding. It was a wk late the month before so it pushed my time line up. I decided not to worry too much about cause, with the day and the stress leading up to the day, it actually held off for an extra week so I didnt need to take anything. I told my husband the chances any ways and he wasn't too pushed about it either way. We were getting down one way or another he told me so it didnt matter. I do know my body though and how it reacts to stresses, so it was easy for me. I would talk to you gp though before starting anything. I know everyone says start the pill, but that always doesnt work and for the first 3-4 months your body will still be adjusting. If you on it then I think just skipping into the next pack will do you. Good luck and hopefully Aunt Flo stays away.
KiwiPavlova Posts: 13
Thanks very much, ladies. I don't react very well to the pill, so am going to take my chances with good luck (it could just finish the day before!) and stress (this has been known to delay me in the past). My fiancé is ok with it - it's more that I'm scared of wearing white while having my period. Will be careful, anyway! Fingers crossed!