Periods!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oldie2010 Posts: 186
Excuse the ignorance so I should be fertile in and around July 12th....
wifin Posts: 4761
Well it depends on the length of your cycle and the length of time between ovulation and your period arriving again (luteal phase). In an ideal world, people ovulate 14 days before they are due their next period so you just count back. However, many people's cycles don't operate like that. For example, I had a 10 day luteal phase so I would only count back 10 days. Also my ovulation date and thus cycle length varied from cycle to cycle due to stress, sickness etc. One month it would be CD15, another month CD24 etc. How are your cycles usually? Same length each month etc? If so then you may be one of the lucky ones *) You can try using OPKs or temping to get some more clarity on your cycle. I would recommend the book Taking Charge of your Fertility by Dr. Toni Weschler...it's a great read and very eye opening re signs of ovulation etc.
My cycles were in and around the 26 day mark and last approx 5 days max....until this one.... Thanks a mill for your help. xo
Ok, let's assume that you OVd a few days late on the last cycle which pushed out the cycle length. Let's also assume for now that it was a blip and that you will return to the 26 day cycle length this cycle.... From there, if you don't know how long your luteal phase is we look at all options. A normal luteal phase is anything from 10-16 days. Counting backwards that would put OV anywhere from CD10 to CD16. Just bear in mind that OV can be pushed out further for a variety of reasons like I said, travel, sickness (even just a cold), stress etc. but that will give you some guidelines to go with x Like I said, if you want to double check these days then you can temp or use OPKs x
Hi there, This is great but just on the abbreviations what is CD10 to CD16? OPKs???????????
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
Cycle Days 10-16...ovulation prediction kits!
Sorry CD = Cycle Day. So you are on CD2 today. OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kits. Anything from strips that you wee on and try to see a second line OR fancier things that you wee on that give you a smiley face. A positive OPK tells you that you will ovulate anything from 12-48 hours later. This thread will help with abbreviations: