Permanent hair straightning

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shrub Posts: 956
Morning :wv Saw an advertsiement recently for a salon that does permanent hair straightning, it didnt go into much detail but sounds interesting, Does any wols know about this?procedure/cost etc, :thnk :thnk
sinion Posts: 6050
I have briefly considered it but realised I'd miss my curls too much. My mate in London has been getting it done for years, she swears by it but admits that it's made her hair really weak
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
my sis got it done her hair is really long could be wrong but i think it was 190 for her length, it lasts 6 months but hers is still going, i can get you the name of the place she got it done if you want its in dublin city centre
Oh interesting, so you have to get it done a few times?I thought it was a once off :o( Would be interested in hearing more about this but probably will be safer to stick with the beloved straightners!! Thanks
lola bride Posts: 794
Ive gotten it done a few times! My hairdresser comes to my house and just uses perming lotion mixed with flour (to thicken it up) and applies it to my hair and combs it straight, it only takes about 40 mins and lasts about 3 months! The only think is you need to get it done before you do your colour as it strips off the brand new colour and it does weaken your hair, but i use that aussie deep conditioning treatment on my hair and its grand now!
[quote="strawberry shortcake":27uf3o7s]my sis got it done her hair is really long could be wrong but i think it was 190 for her length, it lasts 6 months but hers is still going, i can get you the name of the place she got it done if you want its in dublin city centre[/quote:27uf3o7s] Thanks Strawberry, not sure if i am getting it done yet, would like to find out more about it first, :thnk
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
I know a girl who goes to NY to get it done (she's very wealthy), she has very tight curls naturally, you know that almost afro quality, anyway, she gets it done, but when it grows back, it looks a bit pubey at the roots.
lola bride Posts: 794
[quote="Muffinmel":2nxqn4dr]I know a girl who goes to NY to get it done (she's very wealthy), she has very tight curls naturally, you know that almost afro quality, anyway, she gets it done, but when it grows back, it looks a bit pubey at the roots.[/quote:2nxqn4dr] :o0 :o0 :o0 Imagine having a pube head!
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
It sounds like a great idea. I straighten my hair every day & I have so many horrible frizzy bits on top, I have to use extra strong wax to keep them down!
over it Posts: 2779
I'd love to get that done, my hair is a total disaster at the moment. I have a kink in my hair and it is just not staying straight for me at the moment. Even when I straighten it with the GHD or get it washed and blow dryed it's still going back wavy. To make matters worse, it's really wavy on one side and pretty straight on the other side.... O:| O:| O:| Does the permanent hair straightning ruin your hair or is it just the same as getting your hair permed?